• Tweets

• Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Thousands of Chinese companies are making synthetic opioids and shipping them around the world.View the full article
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Thanks Dave It's not too far away, about 8 or 9 miles, I will probably venture over on my bike if I can't think of a good reason to drive there again! I'll have a chat with Mrs GB_Joe tomorrow and see which shops they visited, I know M&S was on the list (had to try on multiple sets of trousers!) and they are actually in that bit of retail park. The uniform shop is across the way in the Meridian Centre, so probably not helpful to get them involved.
    • As they have failed to deliver their original PCN you will need to send them an SAR where they should provide that PCN. It should show the address they used . If it is not your current one that would explain the non delivery. If it was correct then perhaps the Post office messed up. A more cynical view would be that UKPC didn't send it so that you couldn't claim the reduction. It appears that UKPC have been there for some time  but I have been unable to find any pictures of their Notices.The leisure park itself is pretty big so while some parts maybe give 5 hours free parking other parts may have restrictions like permits. I haven't been there for years -I went  to Nandos and the bowling centre . I am surprised that they are now infested with UKPC as the place is plenty big enough not to require their dubious services. If you live not to far away it would help if you could get some legible pictures of their signs. Be carful to park in an area that doesn't require a permit and take photos of the entrance signs, the five hour sign and the permit only sign as well as any other signs that are different from the previous signs. Also if their is a payment machine could you please photograph that.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

McIavelli V Lloyds TSB

McIavelli
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, after reading through FAQ's & a fair proportion of the threads in this forum I thought it about time to open my own thread.

I would like to say at this stage that I've been very impressed (& actually moved in one particular case) with the spirit of mutual support that exists in here.

So far I've received a list of charges levied by LTSB over the past 6 yrs & they amount to just over £5,000 This figure EXCLUDES overdraft interest & monthly account charges.

I'm about to send off my preliminary approach for repayment along with my schedule of charges, but before doing so, I need to make sure that I send the correct version of the letter & any default notices are removed from my record as part of the deal.

To be honest, my financial situation has been dire for the past 6 years & I've had so many "standard letters" from LTSB that I may have been sent a default notice & it gone unoticed. How do I go about finding out if a default notice actually has been issued?

Kind Regards

McIavelli (I'm not that devious really)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can request a copy of your credit file (think it's a couple of quid) but i really can't remember where i've seen that. Try looking in the templates library. The other alrenative is get a free one from experian or equifax online. You have to put your card details in but you get to see it for free and you can cancel your subscription before you pay. I did it this way

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Thanks for that jshtr3 I did click on a link to one of these reference agencies, but I bottled out after looking through the details they required (fears of online identity theft etc) Anyway, my credit history should make very interesting reading :eek:

I understand your worry about identity theft but I think it's all done on a secure server. Like I said, I used it and have had no problems. Thing is, if your credit history is as bad as you say, it's unlikely anyone would be able to get credit in your name even if they stole your ID;) They have all the info they request anyway. They just ask you to make sure you're the person they are giving the credit record to. Have a search for the other info I mentioned if you're still worried.

• Haha 1

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

McIavelli,

Lol, Experian already knows what you had for breakfast.

If your Experian file does NOT show a Default Notice from Lloyds I am not sure that is definitive proof none was issued. Experian depends for input from banks and cards, and some of the grander banks do not bother to pass on all their info, including Lloyds.

Yep Mastermind..I had crunchy nuts actually & I can't wait to get LTSB's corporate nuts between my teeth ;)

I bit the bullet & checked my credit record via experian..Suprise, suprise no mention of LTSB whatsoever :mad:

Hmmm now where do I go? :confused:

Regards

I dare say there is jshtr3..but I've only recently joined CAG..I did the S.A.R via another site (Martin Lewis / money saving expert)..Aint hindsite a wonderful thing :o

Still, a late convert is better than no convert at all eh :D

If you have a Lloyds credit card as well as bank account, and a Default Notice was issued, you would have known about it. Your card would have been stopped from use. Cards are administered in Brighton old TSB office separate from bank account, so ringing up Brighton with query is unlikely to get back to your bank manager.

If Lloyds did or did not issue DN, provided they continue with the policy of not notifying Experian, such an invisible DN would not hurt your credit status vis a vis the financial community outside the Lloyds group.

If no answer forthcoming you could check with the second biggest credit reference agency located in Bradford, I forget the name, others will know, for a standard £2, or free online?

Experian is in Nottingham, Equifax in Bradford. Between them they have the market sown up. There is a smaller setup in Scotland I think, but minor.

It also would cost nothing, to ring Lloyds Bank. You will get through to a Service Centre. If you pose an innocent generalised question, they may not insist on passing the query to your branch, e.g.

"I am thinking of a Lloyds loan to buy a flat in the medium future.

But I did go through a bad financial period from which I am now emerging. So that I know what I need to do, could you advise if a black mark has been put on my file to make house loan difficult."

"(Now in a nonchalant tone) for example was a Default Notice issued against me? It was? Are you sure? What was the date of issue?"

• Haha 1

They have plenty on us-:o -we could not open an umbrella account, or get a mortgage on the high street! So that is one way of telling..

Have you opened an umbrella account yet McIavelli?, its always a good idea. At the moment it seems that they are not insisting that you take your custom else where if you win, but if you continue to "misbehave" in your account they may ask you to bank elsewhere giving you notice..

BTW good luck and welcome.

Darling1:)

• Haha 1

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

Hello Darling (ooer Mrs, that DOES sound familiar, & we've only just met ;) ). Thanks for your best wishes & warm welcome. I'm really sorry to hear about your circumstances & wish you all the very best in your claim. It would seem that you're in good hands in here.

I read through Pen's thread from start to finish yesterday..What an emotional roller coaster & what a bunch of insensitive b*****ds the banks are; I was almost in tears at one point :o but I was SO impressed with how you guys have all rallied round her.

In answer to your question, yes; I (suprisingly) managed to open an account with Alliance & Leicester. I guess I've been lucky that I have my health, my circumstances haven't changed & I'm approoaching this at a point just before "Mr Wolf" actually starts knocking on my door (& with them whacking on £90 per month + interest I can hear the howling at night :eek: ).

In total, LTSB have deprived me & my daughters of £5K's worth of illegal charges over the past 6 years & being on a limited income, it hasn't been easy.

Anyway, back to finding out if LTSB have defaulted me...I checked out Equifax but they aren't doing the months trial like Experian, so I think I'll follow Mistermind's advice & give LTSB's service centre an "informal call" & keep my fingers crossed this doesn't set any alarm bells ringing (Does anyone know if there is there a risk of this?) & they DO default me :eek: ...Has anyone got any other ideas to check if LTSB have defaulted me?

Best Wishes

You could go for an indirect proof. If you buy a mobile phone in the high street the shop will try to open an account for you with Orange, T-Mobile etc. These companies will check online, probably with Experian, probably basing their decision to accept/refuse on the absence/presence of a D N. But if Lloyds issued a D N and kept it quiet inhouse, the phone companies also will not see it.

I am not quite clear why you want D N removed, if it was ever put on. You would not have anything like sufficient legal grounds to demand removal of D N, unless the D N was triggered EXCLUSIVELY by unlawful charges.

I.E. If unlawful charges had not been levied, your account would not have gone overdrawn without authorisation.

Good luck.

Cheers Mistermind..I'll crack on with my Preliminary Approach for Repayment (along with the submission of of my schedule of charges of course).

Incidentally, the amount I'm claiming is just over £5K (£5,114 to be exact). Should I round them down to £5K now, or later to ensure that my claim goes through the small claims court?

Kind Regards

Bump! Sorry to be a pain guys!

Incidentally, the amount I'm claiming is just over £5K (£5,114 to be exact). Should I round them down to £5K now, or later to ensure that my claim goes through the small claims court?

Kind Regards

I had a claim well in excess of 5K and i had a payout the night before the case was due in court, the court case was to decide the allocation of the track ie. fast track or small claim...this is what Pens court hearing turned out to be... There is a smallish risk as to the costs should you loose, - if you look at my thread v LTSB you can look at the advice that GaryH gave me ref claims over 5k..........I followed it to the letter and won, so good luck.

I know what you mean as your claim is so near to the 5k - but does that include the interest at 8%? because if you havn't aded the 8% that willl push the total you are claiming well above the limit for small claims

Darling1

• Haha 1

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

bank charges over £5000

helpingmyson

Yesterday 22:05

by louis wu lastpost.gif

111Welcome to our forumthread.gif icon1.gifWhat if it looks like my charges total more than £5000 (multipage.gif1 2 3)

yogachick123

18th May 2007 13:47

by yogachick123 lastpost.gif

40481The Woolwich

The above are just 2 of the 52 threads found by clicking

Search

Advanced Search

input "5000"

select threads with "5000" in title

Begin search

Hi Darling,

No, the £5,114 excludes any interest. I'll read through your thread, digest GaryH's advice....keep me fingers crossed & buttocks clenched :eek:

I couldn't possibly afford to cover LTSB's costs if I lose..Not that defeat is an option, you understand.

If I claim the full amount (ie £5,114 + interest) in my Preliminary Approach for Repayment letter, is it possible to reduce the claim at a later date to ensure it goes through small claims, or am I to prepare myself to go through the "fast track" system? :confused:

To summarise:

1) At what financial amount is it worth ones while "biting the bullet" & going through the fast track system versus the (relatively straightforward???) small claims system.

2) If I lose through the fast track system (heaven forbid); What level of costs are likely to be levied against me? :eek:

Best Wishes

PS

I do have a nagging concern that judges may be beginning to view the ever increasing number of climants as being avaricious bandwaggon jumpers & banks being the victims (ha bleedin ha :rolleyes: ) eg the leeway the banks solicitors seem to get.

It's unlikely that judges will have ever known the meaning of financial hardship & their circle of friends at the masons lodge / golf club is more than likely to include a bank manager or three.

The thread that I refer to is - Darling 2 takes on the TSB **won** - that was me on behalf of the OH - everyone thinks that they are to be the one who will loose, its only natural, and even if you were in the small claim track you could still loose.

I was told by the LTSB barrister that turned up to our allocation hearing (after they had actually paid out!) that they are defendingall the contractual interest (CI) and the pre 6 yr claims, if you notice pen is claiming the CI -

The amount we were claiming amounted to about 11000 after all the interest and costs were added, this was not that long ago - so if I were claiming over 5K I would still go ahead in 1 lump - there is a strong argument for not chopping your claims down into smaller ones, I am no expert- so I will leave it for you to read up on GaryH's advice that is on my thread mentioned above.

Ultimately it is up to you to make your own informed opinion...Good Luck!

Darling1

( you can call me Darling - most do!)

• 2 weeks later...

McIavelli,

Thanks for droppin by my thread. If I can be of any assistance, give me a shout. Good Luck!!

~S~

Griffin

04/01/07 New S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent by RECORDED DELIVERY

05/01/07 Delivery of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) confirmed by Royal Mail

18/01/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) data received

09/02/07 Prelim letter sent.

16/02/07 Frist template response received (nothing out of the ordinary).

23/02/07 LBA sent.

22/03/07 Claim issued to County Court

28/03/07 Claim served on Lloyds TSB (to reply by 11/04/07)

16/04/07 Acknowledgement of service (date stamped 12/04/07) received. Lloyds intend to defend the whole of the claim.(Lloyds' defense to be filed by 25/04/07)

26/04/07 Received Lloyds defense (standard 9 point) AQ to be returned by 11/05/07

09/05/07 My AQ returned to court

22/05/07 Lloyds have not met the AQ deadline. Court give them until 05 June to file

05/06/07 AQ filed by Lloyds with application for 1 month stay

I submitted my preliminary letter (by recoreded delivery) 10 days ago to my local branch; I've just read livelylad's post that it should've gone here :eek: :

Customer Care

Lloyds TSB

125 Colmore Row

Birmingham

B3 3SF

NowI'm getting ready to fire off my Letter Before Action; Should I:

a) Send it to my local branch again regardess

b) Send it to the abaove address

c) Doesn't it matter anyway

A few words of advice would be more than welcome.

Best Regards