Preliminary hearing?

noisypinkbubble

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I've received "Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track" (preliminary hearing)

"District Judge ***** has considered the statements of case and allocation questionnaires filed and allocated the claim to the small claims track.

Before the claim is listed for hearng, the judge has ordered that a preliminary hearing should take place because special directions are needed in this claim to prepare for the final hearing which the judge would prefer to explain to you in person

The prelim hearing will take place on 31st may at*******"

WHAT DO I DO? I never got an AQ (it was dispensed with) , I haven't got my court bundle, prelim hearing what and why? I'm really panicing, if nowt else I can't get that day off work I know for sure!

Don't panic.

Phone the Court immediately to tell them that you cannot attend on the 31st May and see what they say. Consider confirming in writing. They are usually quite understanding. Also ask them what documents they need from you for a preliminary hearing. Reading the extract from their letter it is possible that they do not require anything else from you at this stage.

I am no expert on the 'hearings'. You will have to do some research.

It is of course also possible that you will receive a settlement from the bank in the next few days prior to the hearing because they will not want to attend a hearing.