Is this standard ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all stress free and having a good day. May I just ask anyone if this is standard. I sent the standard letter to my bank last week with a schedule of charges asking for a refund. I received a letter back today basically stating that they understand customers experience unforeseen financial difficulties, blah blah blah!! On page 2, now this what has had me confused, it states ' After careful consideration of your request, we're sorry that we can't agree to your charges being refunded. Only in exceptional circumstances do we refund charges and on this occasion we feel it would be unfair to other members who find themselves in a similar situation and whose charges remain'. Is this a standard reply and should I proceed with the next letter.

Many thanks for your help in advance

Have a good evening

Siberian Husky

One more question, when I sent my letter asking for refund of charges, they had 14 days from the 14th May, (I hand delivered the letter and obtained a receipt), to reply. as I have received a reply today can I hand deliver my next letter in tomorrow ?

SiberianHusky

You shouldnt really be handing in letters, you should be sending them recorded delivery, this will help your claim if needed.

You have to allow them the time you have stated, e.g 14 days.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi Dar£n,

Many thanks for that, I'll send the next letter Recorded Delivery, I just thought that if I had a hand receipt with the basic details of the letter on it that it would be ok but your right, I'll send it instead, don;t won't to give Nationwide anything to go on :)

Have a good evening

SiberianHusky