• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

kpsh87 v A & L

kpsh87
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Have been an avid reader for the last couple of weeks, gone through the letters etc and issued MCOL on 16 May. Today received letter from Wragge & Co stating intention to defend and a letter from A & L to say thank you for my patience but the complaint is taking a little longer to look into...

It's good to know there are so many of us at the same stage, doesn't stop me from getting v. nervous, though I feel better reading the threads.

Thanks

Don't get nervous,

Be patient, ignore all their time wasting maneuvers, keep to the time table and process and all will be fine.:)

For those slightly nervy moments we are here to calm you down ..........:cool:

Good luck :D:D

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

Hi all

Received an offer of £1821.50 from A & L yesterday, then in this morning's post have had a cheque for £2071.50 which they have said now very kindly includes my court fee reimbursement of £250.00. As with everyone else's offer it states the difference between the charge and £12.00 etc. Also says if I accept the offer they will keep my account open, as 'other' banks are closing their customers accounts if they complain about charges.

Still waiting for the 6 page defence from Wragge & Co

Sorry to disappoint you but my claim is for 4650 before interest and costs so I've been offered just under half of what I have claimed for. I have only put my name on the MCOL claim of our joint account and am now worried that Wragge are going to have the case thrown out, as someone else's defense stated this today. Tempted to accept the offer. All I have had from Wragge so far is the letter to say they will defend. Bit of a dilemma but don't suppose I should make a decision until I received any more paperwork from Wragges.

omg,thats a bit poopy,but look on the bright side, you had an offer, it can only get better.not sure about the joint name part,as i have this account in my name only.im sure it will be ok for you both,someone will know what to do next:D

Hi All

Hope everything is ok with everyone. Received my defence today. (usual 6 pages) - insufficient particulars of claim which i thought I would send a copy of schedule to Wragges with a covering letter. (have already sent one to MCOL and A & L)

Also have The Limitation Sect. 21 - the charges incurred by the Claimant at any time prior to 6 years before this action was commenced was statute barred by virtue of section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. I requested statements on 23 Feb and received them on 2 April. However I have listed my first charge on 22 February, should I have recorded my first claim from April, really worried I have added too many claims. If so do I have to amend the claim.

And is there anything else I need to do now?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi All:)

Today received allocation questionnaire to fill in and return by 26 July, looks like more reading up now. Also, is it best to post the AQ and fee back to the court or take it down in person?

Thanks, seems to be quite a few of us at the same stage now.

Hi

Just been reading up on the AQ, will fill it in tomorrow as brain hurts at moment! :confused: Can I just check that I also send in the draft directions. Not sure how to word a covering letter, is it best to keep it brief. Have checked lots of posts but not really sure what to write. Also, is it a bit early to send a nudge letter to Wragges?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I have been helping my mum with her claim, also with A & L, completed MCOL on 10 July, had 2 offers from A & L - standard offers about a third of amount. Today my Mum has received a Notice of Part Admission (form N225a) from Northampton Court, attached to it is a copy of A & Ls offer letter - which she has already rejected by post to A & L. Has anyone else had this or is this a new take on things. She has to let the court know by 11 August if she wants to accept or decline this, and also has to confirm this to A & L again. I personally didn't have this.

ALSO, she has had her typical 6 page defense from Wragges, now does she send the completed N225a to Wragges or A & L (as the offer letter is from them) Hope this makes sense.

Confused:confused:

Hi All Please help

Regarding my claim, I have just had this back from the court..

The Claimant shall by 1 Aug file at court and serve on the Def a Schedule of all charges complained of with dates and reasons.

By 22 Aug, all parties shall send or deliver to the other party and to Court written statements, which are signed and dated of all evidence including their own and including any docs which they intend to rely on at the hearing. A final hearing will only be listed on compliance with the above directions.

Does this mean a basic court bundle, would appreciate help

Thanks x

:) the first part is very similar to mine kp,just do exactly as it says and sit back and wait again.:pits just enough paperwork for the beak to look at then decide a date for court.the second part for the 22 looks like the rest of the bundle,chek with jenny, i think is best move

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone

Been away on hols and it seems really quiet here. Put my court bundle in before holiday and had to refer back to the judge on 29 Aug. for a date. Waiting for me on my return was a letter from CC to say case had been stayed. About to fill in N244 with additional notes on removal of stay. Reading through threads I noticed someone said that if the stay was lifted and you lost the case at court you then became liable for costs? Anyone else know anything about this?

PS Where is everybody;)

I know its deserted isnt it - thats happened since all the stays

I dont think you can be liable for the costs in the small claims track cases - I read that question on a thread and sure that was the answer.

If you get a hearing for the lifting of the stay then I dont for one minute expect the A&L will appear. They have not even requested individual stays.

Having seen jennys thread on here today they are playing the game -of who blinks first -so just play the game as well. Are you liable for a fee for the appeal against the stay - or is it exempt as at the courts own initiative?

Did you know there is also a seperate forum for cases that are stayed under general?

Keep letting us know what is happening as there are still a few of us who are trying to help if we can .

Read the threads in successes as well

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I would keep reading on here and on new posts over the next few days - as A&L seem to have put in thier first request for an individual stay - so that may change things.

So please keep reading as many posts each day as you can - as things can change.

Also there have been two cases where the judges have not granted stays but have frozen charges - this is very relevant as well ( link is on some posts I did yesterday) pre-warned is pre-armed

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

hadyanth vs Lloyds TSB - Goodbye fingernails...

please read some threads in lloyds - links on here

might help

I think the costs may apply to larger claims over £5000?

Keep reading

Plus did you see OFT may be dropping claim

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Hope everything is ok with everyone.

Havent been around much lately as nothing seems to be happening, I have had a letter from the Courts today to say that the hearing of the claimant's application for Stay to be Lifted will take place on 29 November, so after a few months of not bothering it looks like its back to swotting up on everything again...

Is there much I have to do, my court bundle was sent off in early August. The letter states that it is ordered that this matter be listed on notice to all parties on the first open date with a time estimate of 1 hour?

Anyone have any advice??

Thanks, kp

I suggest you have a look at the forum under general for cases that have stays or hearings for the stays to be lifted - I will post the bundle for stay hearings in a minute.

I think one thing that seems to be coming across is it not easy to get the stays liftes unless you also add a personal argument as to why it should happen - even on hardship grounds people are really struggling.

I will post a few threads that may be of interest - but of course you should have a good read round to see if there are any particular arguments that might help your case. To be honest as the courts are arguing the case is due to start shortly I think their hands are tied.

Bundle for stay hearings

Skeleton argument for stay hearing

court stay lifted, new court date - must file a skeleton argument

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Had a large package from Wragges today - their witness statement that they have filed with the court today (have hearing to lift stay on 29 Nov). They have just referred to all the points in my letter relating to my request for the lifting of the stay and sent me all the paperwork for Mark Heynes v HSBC and Mark Heynes v A & L at Winchester Court, looks like a nice lot of bedtime reading... Do I need to respond to this or just turn up at the Court? Has anyone else had this?

Thanks

kp:confused: