Pokermad V Lloyds TSb/BLS Collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, Ive gathered loads of great info from this site and thought it's time I started my own thread as things become more tricky.

I have a creditcard debt with Lloyds TSB which was defaulted last year. BLS have been on the case for six months now and I had arranged a payment plan. Once I discovered this site a CCA went in the post with £1.00 cheque, recorded of course. Sent on 23/03/07, they cashed my cheque very fast and Ive not heard a peep, until I stopped the payments!

Recieved a letter this morning saying I should make a payment today or they will make a formal request for the full amount. Yeah, what ever.

P.S forgot to say I didn't recieve a CCA or an application at all. But ive had the account 10 years so didnt expect one. Will keep you posted.

Good luck poker mad. Sounds as if you're on to a winner!!

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest Mincemeat

Remember that BLS collections are part of LTSB, and inform them that their letter is an attempt to enforce an agreement thty have not been able to supply and that they are in breach of the CCA following your s78 request in March. Inform them that any further breaches will be brought to the attention of the relevant authorities.

Why not play hardball with these people. Personally, they made my life hell until I noticed that their paperwork arrives in the same envelopes as LTSB, so I quizzed them and the telephone operative confirmed this.

BLS, based in Oxford (OK, registered in Oxford) operates out of LTSB collections in Brighton.

Does BLS stand for BulLsH*t Collections by any chance?

P.S. Good post mincemeat - I would agree report them at every opportunity!!

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I did notice, it tells you at the bottom of each letter. Its great when they try to frighten you in to paying, I end up on the floor laughing.

Is it true that they should remove the default?

Guest Mincemeat

LTSB will not remove a default notice without an order from the court. You can huff and puff, but they will not do that. They are one of the harder kids on the banking lot, hence they were able to 'win' in Birmingham

Guest Mincemeat

Oh, and they never used to state BLS is part of LTSB on their letters either, that must have happened in the last 18 months

Yeah it says, "BLS collections is a trading name of Lloyds TSB Bank plc."

Well I suppose there is no chance of them settleing this with low full and final, bring on the courts, If they take me to court and I win then would that be enough to remove the default?

I may as well start reporting them to everybody I can. Any advice to whom I should report them to and on what grounds.

All my favourites are coming out today!

BLS are useless! Yours is going the same way as mine, but mine's a lot further

down the track, all gone quiet now, won't even sign for my letters! Have a read...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/68852-ltsb-no-agreement-cca.html

Good luck, regards, Dave.

Oh, and they never used to state BLS is part of LTSB on their letters either, that must have happened in the last 18 months

Have been dealing with for 8 years, it's stated on all the letters i've got.

Regards, Dave.