ccj-Restons-Marbles

lizzy40

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello this is my first posting not used to being on any sort of forum so this is new ground for me!

Its amazing what everyone has been achieving I was wondering if anyone could advise me?

I was issued with a ccj in Feb 2007 from Restons regarding a marbles credit card this was before I knew about this site and claiming back bank charges.

I came into hard times in October 2006 and missed monthly payments. I first wrote to marbles in November 2006 explaining my situation and letting them know I was seeking advise. I should have acted quicker but I'm self employed my business was having a bad time and I didn't know which way to turn. I eventurally put a personal budget plain together and sent it off to Marbles on the 8th Januray 2007 offering £25.27 per month. I never got a reply regarding this offer and the next correspondance was a county court summons the issue date was on the 5th Januray 2007 however I didn't receive this till after I'd sent off payment offer. If only I would have found this site earlier things would have been different but at the time I wasn't sure about my rights and what I should do, so I filled the budget plan that came with the court papers and again offered to pay £25.27.

In between all this I did have phone calls from Restons I did tell them I was putting a payment plan together, the women who was dealing with my case was not helpful she kept calling me at work which was embarrassing she was also very patronising - asked questions like do I own my home, I didn't responed to that just in case she would use that against me and therefore get into more trouble.

The court turned the offer down and said I should pay £15.00 per month I was shocked with this out come. I don't understand why Marbles wouldn't eccept my original offer but on reading some of the postings on this site it would seem that Restons are the winners her because they have put charges of £356.70 collection fee - £54.41 interest - £110.00 court fee - £80.00 solicitor costs total £546.70.

The balance owed to Marbles had late payment charges on but I didn't know about claiming then back at the time when I was issued with court papers. Balanced owed to Marbles £2139.80 late payment charges £115.13.

Have contacted Marbles on 22 April 2007 about these charges and so far they have offered to pay goodwill payment of £60.00 which I wont eccept but not sure how this will work as I have a ccj now?

Is there anyway I could challenge this ccj because of the late payment charges which are on there and restons charges which seem very high? All my other creditors have been very understanding - restons shouldn't be allowed to treat people in this way. I would appreciate any advise :???:

I feel so much better I've got that off my chest?