Bundled with 96 other claimants being sent to the High Court?

MisterMan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK Hi everyone!

This is my first post so let me bring you all up to speed:

Im claiming from HSBC and had recently received a letter from the courts stating the AQ had been dispensed.

Yesterday I received a letter from DG Solicitors asking for a breakdown of the charges I was claiming (is that a good thing?) anyway I sent off my breakdown reminding them that I would be happy for them to pay me the money with out going to court.

First thing to hit my doormat this morning with another notice of transfer letter from the courts - this is what it says:

"The mentioned case to which you or your client appears to be party is one of a numer of cases of a similar nature listed on the enclosed schedule.

All of these cases invlove the same or similar points. The claimant seeks the return of moneys deducted from accounts with the defendant bank by way of bank charges. The issue between he parties varies slighlty from case to case but essentially involve the question wether the deduction was unauthorised, excessive and/or unreasonable in amount, amounted to a penalty or was otherwise unlawful or wrongful ought (and can) accordingly to be repaid.

Owing to this common ground and to their perceived potential importance, these cases (which have all recently been transferred to LCC) have all subsequently been ordered by HH Judge X to be further transferred to the High Court, Queens bench division (mercantile court). The cases will, however remain in, and be dealt with by this, the Leeds District Registry.

IT is thought (as you may see from the enclosed schedule) that some of these cases may have recently been settled ad if yours is one of them it would be appreciated if you could write and confirm this.

HH Judge X QC, as a judge at the Mercantile Court, has directed that all of these cases be listed for an initial directions hearing in accordance with part 59 of the civil procedure rules and mercantile court practice direction. in this context you may also, if not already familiar with it, find mercantile court guide for the Leeds Mercantile Court useful. A copy may be downloaded from the court service website.

This directions hearing will take place on X at X before HH Judge X at LCC. In view of the number of cases involved a half day has been allocated.

No later tha seven days prior to that hearing a completed Case Management Information Sheet in accordance with CPR 59 should be filed with the court.

The judge has asked me to point out that amongst the directions that may be given or considered is the allocation of the case to the multi-track (in accordance with CPR 59) but also may be appropriate to consider orders for consolidation and directions aimed at selecting which is the most appropriate lead, sample or test case. Consideration may also be given to whether it is appropriste to treat this as Group Litigation to which the provisions of CPR part 19 apply."

Attached is a schedule containing 97 case numbers and claimant and defendants details including mine.

So what does that mean....?

I would really appreciate some help and support as I enter the unknown!

Thanks All...

MisterMan :confused:

as for all the rest of it - just relax -

yes, them asking for a breakdown is a good sign.

send it - and a nudge letter

and just to get things in perspective take a look at this and see how many of this group ended up in court.

BBC NEWS | Business | Judge attacks 'time-wasting' bank

as for the nudging letters - both the threads here have helpful ideas in post 1 for sending letters to dg -

i say refer to anything from the court - so they know you are on the ball, and send a nudge every 10-14 days until they make an offer - get a little more nudging as the court date gets closer.

here's the threads:When you have filed your AQ................

New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!!

i don't see that you've put when this is - but obviously get the case management thing in 7 days ahead as it says and there will be lots of help on here if you've questions about it.

try the search on the blue strip line above the forum which starts with user c p go across to the middle - there is an internal search - put case management in there or whatever and just look at what you'll find - it's a lot of looking at one thing - then those links take you to something else, it's all here somewhere.

for now - nudge and breakdown to dg