Keren29's ex v Barclays

keren29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm helping my ex get his Barclays charges back.

No mutterings from them on the prelim and LBA and claim issued through MCOL on Sunday.

He has said he has a letter from them today dated yesterday offering £1380 against £1860 with a form to sign.

It is a gesture of goodwill as full and final settlement and is from Customer services rather than the solicitors.

What is the situation with Barclays and offers like this? Can he take the £1380 and carry on (with an amended claim) or does signing the letter mean what it says - full and final.

Not up to speed with barclays as not done a claim with them myself so looking for advice.

Abbey - Claim 1

full hearing 22 Feb 07 - Settled in full £710 :D

Abbey (Claim 2)

full hearing 22 Feb 07- Settled in full £4000 :D

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

£467 Settled in full 20 Sep :D

Capital One (claim 2)

£72 refunded 19 Aug :-D

Associates (Citicards)

claim 8 Aug/judgment by default 30 Aug/set aside hearing 9 Oct/Stay denied, ordered by Judge to reveal breakdown of charges andfull hearing 24 May/FULL DISCLOSURE ORDERED BY 8 MARCH/JUDGE TO STRIKE OUT DEFENCE AS NON-COMPLIANCE/DEFENCE STRUCK OUT PAYMENT IN FULL REQUIRED IN 14 DAYS

He can accept the amount but will be expected to stop all actions against the bank.

If he replies with 'I accept only as part payment and intend to continue....'

[see rejection letter..http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html]

he will find the offer will be withdrawn.

It all depends on how bad he needs the money and if he is prepared to go to court if necessary.... this is not a get rich quick scheme, you MUST be aware that it could end uo in court...

but remember once it goes to court, the interest gets added, thats when it gets interesting...

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Cheers, I thought that might be the situation. I've given him the options and said he needs to decide. The 8% interest is over £500 and the daily interest is 41p a day, so it is up to him.

I'd be prepared to go to court with him if it ever came to it as a litigation friend as I've had two Citicards hearings and an Abbey one over the last few months and I feel almost on first name terms with the DJ!!

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

claim 8 Aug/judgment by default 30 Aug/set aside hearing 9 Oct/Stay denied, ordered by Judge to reveal breakdown of charges andfull hearing 24 May/FULL DISCLOSURE ORDERED BY 8 MARCH/JUDGE TO STRIKE OUT DEFENCE AS NON-COMPLIANCE/DEFENCE STRUCK OUT PAYMENT IN FULL REQUIRED IN 14 DAYS

No worries LOL I know what you mean!!!

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)