Welcome Finance Again sorry!!

pinkjen28

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone this is my first post on here. I have read through all of these welcome threads but here is our problem:

In 2001 my hubby and his then wife took out a loan for £1500.

In 2002 they split up and hubby topped up loan to £2000 to take her name off the agreement (they told him it was the only way).

To date he has paid just over £8000 back for a £2000 loan. He has had reduced payments but he has always paid them something.

We married last July and whilst sorting out my own probs I stumbled across this website and need help with this.

I have all of his statements etc from welcome and the cca from 2002 which is fine we knew about that one. But they have sent us a loan agreement dated 2005 which my hubby knows nothing about for a new loan. He has never received any paperwork regarding this loan before or the money! but he has been paying this since 2005 apparently!

Little bit of background on his ex, he thinks she has done this and had the money as their marital home was reposessed in 2005. She had access through their daughter to wage slips etc they also had a joint account which we are going to get statements from to see if the cash went in there. As this is potentialy fraud I don,t know what else to do.

The ex has been done for fraud before.

Jen

Jen, your post raises a number of questions.

I presume that Welcome sent the info about the 2005 loan as a result of an sar?

It would seem strange that Welcome would lend more money to your husband when he was still paying off an old one? How much is the new loan for?

Did they amalgamate the loans or are there two loans in force?

Does your husband recognise his signature on the application/executed agreement? If it was his ex who did it, does he want her prosecuted?

Finally, the first thing your husband should do is to remove his name from

the joint account with his ex. As it stands, she could run up an overdraft

for several thousand, do a runner and leave your husband to pick up the bil

never mind the fact that it may have expedited the new loan.

Hi there, Yes I sent them a S.A.R. request. the total amount includes paying off old loan first. Not sure about signature as hubby not back from work yet but I have spoke to him on phone and he is adamant that he has never taken out a new loan.

He phoned welcome this morning and asked them why would he take out a new loan when he was struggling to pay the old one at a reduced rate. They told him that they would not have given him a new loan while he was in arrears with his old one.

Oh yes he wants her prosecuted without a doubt, this woman owes thousands of pounds all over the parish! Yet she gets away with it every time.

We are going into the bank on saturday morning to sort out joint account. He tried afew years ago to take his name off it but they wouldn,t do it without her signature. I hope the rules have changed on that one.

Many thanks Jen

Yes we will be taking it up with the police no about it:) Got the nice task of claiming back ppi etc now looks like I,m in for a busy night.

Should amount to quite a nice sum of dosh!

Hi, Yeah dont think it is that easy to report the matter to the police as apparantly new fraud act states that you must exhaust the issue with the financial issue before the police get involved, but the police will register it and give you a urn number for reference. I have had major problems with welcome from mis-selling due of ppi, creation of another account without my knowledge and embezzlement on another account to the tune of £980,000. (and all i wanted to claim was my charges back and investigate their mis-selling!!!) found all of the fraud and corruption through a dsar request including computer logs confirming their mis-selling via former employee £10.... will post my own thread on welcome "have a look"