Current Cahoot Customer Help Please.

meeru
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I apologise if this is answered somewhere on this site but I have spent the last couple of days searching it and can’t find an answer.

I am currently with Cahoot and have a Credit Card with them and an account. My account has a £500 overdraft limit with the first £250 free of charges. I have gone over the £250 occasionally and been charged £30 + interest. I managed to pay off enough to get me back in the £250 free limit, but for going slightly over by a few pence I have, for the last few months been charged £30 + interest again. I am currently overdrawn by £669 with no means to pay this back. (It is all charges)

After reading through these posts, I see that some of you have had successful claims against Cahoot and I am hoping to try myself.

2 questions really. Can I try and reclaim this money even though I still hold the account with them and am still overdrawn?

And, even though I still somehow manage to meet the minimum payments for the Cahoot Credit card, will the bank see it that I am paying off the credit card and not the account or are they 2 different things.

I am going to try and reclaim my charges on Cahoot (if poss) and Providian / Monument if possible.

Thanks in advance and congrats to those who have successfully claimed.

Cahoot - 2006

*** 08/06 - Sent Data Protection Act & £10 cheque *** 15/06 - Recieved info & cheque back ***23/06 - Sent letter to reclaim charges *** 07/07 - No response (after 14 days) *** 28/07 - Sent LBA ***

08/08 - Got response telling me to 'bog off' *** 31/08 - MCOL filed *** 03/10 - 50% offered and refused!

Monument - 2006

***31/08 - Sent DPA & £10 cheque

signs060.gif

Can I try and reclaim this money even though I still hold the account with them and am still overdrawn

No reason why you shouldn't reclaim the charges just because you still bank there... Although many would advocate getting a new 'parachute' account just in case they close your account... (although I am still using my cahoot cc...)

And, even though I still somehow manage to meet the minimum payments for the Cahoot Credit card, will the bank see it that I am paying off the credit card and not the account or are they 2 different things.

Sorry but I can't really see the relevance between what they see you doing with the accounts and reclaiming the charges... Perhaps I am missing your point ?

• Confused 1

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

Hi , and thanks for the welcome!

What I meant was, will Cahoot wonder why I am able to make the minimum payments on the CC account and yet no payments on the Current Account and therefore feel it's all my own doing getting so far overdrawn?

I have an Alliance & Lecester Account which I use for my DD and my child tax credits cover them. I am on benefits and have been for the last few years (I work voluntary in a local school though, not a sit-on-yer-bum scrounger, lol), so I don't care if Cahoot close the account as I never use it anyway.

I used to sell stuff on ebay and send all the paypal money to the Cahoot account to try and clear the OD but soon realised that it didn't make any difference to my balance as the balance would still go up due to charges and felt like I was (and still am) banging my head on a wall.

I came to this site after reading about it on MSE for a while, but Tonight with Trev made me look into it more and I am determined to give it a go. After all I have nothing to lose. Thanks

Cahoot - 2006

*** 08/06 - Sent Data Protection Act & £10 cheque *** 15/06 - Recieved info & cheque back ***23/06 - Sent letter to reclaim charges *** 07/07 - No response (after 14 days) *** 28/07 - Sent LBA ***

08/08 - Got response telling me to 'bog off' *** 31/08 - MCOL filed *** 03/10 - 50% offered and refused!

Monument - 2006

This is a really silly question (I think) ... do I just make my £10 DPA Cheque out to CAHOOT? Thanks

Cahoot - 2006

Monument - 2006

Hi , and thanks for the welcome!

What I meant was, will Cahoot wonder why I am able to make the minimum payments on the CC account and yet no payments on the Current Account and therefore feel it's all my own doing getting so far overdrawn?

TBH it doesn't matter what they think... They are acting unlawfully !

I just asked them to take it from my account (which they didn't) I don't know what others have done...

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

Thankyou :)

Cahoot - 2006

Monument - 2006