can i alter the cheque ?

emmaBZ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my parent recieved a cheque for their charges but bank made it payable to mr richard ****** into acc 00998990 if he was to cross out the acc no would it be illegal...? he tried to pay it into a building society acc but was told hed have to get them to put a line trhiugh acc no and initial it or send a new chq ?

LOL :D

I meant did natwest refuse the cheque as you had altered it ...

but obviously not ....i will take mum over this afternoon and cross out acc no...( did you need to initial it ? ) and try to pay it in

emma, Its a normal procedure by Nasty West to put an account no. on a settlement cheque. Upto press i have not heard of anyone being refused their cheques be deposited into another bank. Scott should know.:D

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

well mum tried to pay it in one branch to be refused because of the account number on the cheque......so i put a line through the acc no part and took her to another branch and it was accepted so hopefully alls well.....takes till fri 1st june to clear :roll:!!!! so will see then

hi Emma

Dont worry it, it will clear with no problems............so relax......do some window shopping til friday..........then spend.......

spend .........spend.........

Scott