Claiming beyond 6 years-- Are they messing me around??

HONESTKNOB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've already won my first claim against Lloyds so I decided to go for as many charges as I can beyond 6 years.

I sent off my DPA request and £10 and clearly stated, in block capitals, that I wanted all stated from pre 2001 to when the account was opened.

This morning I've received an envelope with a set of statements 2001 -2007!!

The letter with it even states that I can request earlier dates and they have 40 days to provide this information.

It seems obvious they didn't even read my DPA letter and just fired out 6 years statements automatically

Guess I'll have to write back now and wait another 40 days??

:-(

I would telephone them at this stage. They are normally helpful.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

There is a phone number on the bank contact details on this site. Really they are helpful, after all this is not a personal thing they are just doing their jobs.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

I am in the same boat; they sent back statements from 1stSept01. I now discover that the reason is that anything beyond that is on microfiche.

Please can I have the phone number for the Copy Statement Unit in Birmingham it is not on the LTSB contact list in the library.

On a similar note I found an internal number at a Compliance Unit, they were very helpful and promised to chase the CU for me. I passed this number onto Pen and GaryH (MOD on CAG), I did not want to post it direct on here just yet as although helpful it was just an internal number and may not be what we are looking for.

Best of luck

PS LTSB have ignored my SAR sent 18thMar and a reminded sent 9thMay both recorded.

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

• 2 weeks later...

Well today I've received exactly one ears extra statements which takes me back to June 2000 but I read that someone had received back to 1997 off them.

What do I do now?? How do I prove they can go back further??

Hi, I would write back and tell them you want information back to start date of account and tell them that if any information has been destroyed you want written confirmation of who destroyed it, when and how. Reminding them of how long they have been processing the request and give them a final date for a court claim on DPA compliance.

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

It would be interesting to find out where the microfiche files are kept; I actually got mine from my branch going back to 1997 when I opened the account

Best of luck

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

It would but I think they knocked down my branch in 1997 and built flats on it. Probably why I'm still waiting for my pre 6 years stuff:mad:

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

Ah ha - I thought they only became wine bars. Although my account is held at Littlehampton this branch is controlled by Southampton; which should mean your local branch has some kind of peer structure. These microfiche records must be held somewhere. Perhaps it's back to phone again. From what I have heard here head office must have told staff to tell customers that they do not keep records beyond 6yrs - but I am actually looking at about 500 pages of clearly photocopy originals going back to 1997

Peter Anderson

I got a prepaid envelope with my most recent set of statements, the letter said if I returned the envelope with the letter they would send further statements. They also said they had a further 40days to supply them. I reminded them this was not the case but I'm sure they will do what they want anyway. It seems to be the coorporate culture!!!

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON