shirley1927

Shirley1927 V FD

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4793 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sent my SAR to FD 12 days ago, today got a letter saying it is being sent under seperate cover and they are doing this FREE OF CHARGE. I know this should please me but why does it worry me? Too cynical I suppose.

Anyway, up and running.....

Shirley1927

Hi

Don't worry, FD always provide these FOC.

Good luck and keep us posted

L

Well, statements received, a very quick scan reveals approx £3,000 of charges. Time to sit down with the spreadsheet and proceed.

Shirley1927

Well, letter and schedule of charges, over £2,700, sent today.

Awaiting their response.

Shirley 1927

Best of luck shirley

Will watch with interest:)

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Hi all,

well, letter received from FD today, usual "confident of winning in court" "dont accept liability" etc, BUT, "to save unrecoverable legal costs" etc they have offered over £2,400 in full and final settlement. Due to my current situation I have accepted this.

I know, I feel like I have let people on this forum down somewhat but as stated above my situation does not realy lend itself to a drawn out battle for the sake of a couple of hundred pounds when I can have over £2,400 in my account in a few days time.

To be honest I was surprised by the amount, I quite expected an offer of maybe £700 of the asked for amount of £2,700. £700 I would most certainly not have accepted.

Anyway, thats my story and a donation will be forthcoming as soon as I get the dosh!

Thanks to all for the advise and support on this forum and I will continue to visit to keep an eye on the threads. Also, AMEX and MBNA to go next which probably wont be as easy but at least I will be in a position with them to stay the course a bit longer.

Shirley1927

Hi Shirley,

Don't worry about letting anyone down, the main thing is that you have done what is right for you.

Congratulations!

L

Well done, its a win!! your need is greater than theirs

GE MONEY- Settled 5/06/07

Capital One - Won 15/06/07

**Treat everyone as you would expect to be treated yourself**