Woolfie v's RBOS (round two!!)

woolfie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a follow on from my recent settlement from RBOS!! About 5 years ago I ended up in pretty serious debt. This was due to an ever increasing unauthorised overdraft (over £30,000 at one point) I was told by the bank that i had to take out a personal loan to cover this overdraft which I will be paying for the next 15 years or so!! Atleast £7.5k of the loan was to pay charges and although the bank have settled the charges with me I still feel unhappy being stuck with a huge loan like this.

I appreciate that I am partly responsible for the overdraft I ran up but I was using it to live and pay a mortgage I just couldnt afford (I was also trying to sell the house but was unable to do this for 12 months).

I was considering approaching the FOS but I would like some input from the kind folks here first.

Any thoughts please

Thanks for everyones help!

Woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

no-one got any thoughts. jeez no-one seems to read posts any more

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.