Cardiff directions hearings *POST HERE*

claret74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi smutley the name of the person handling my case is Sharon Daboul, and by the way you only have to click on the word quote in the right hand corner of the post you are replying to.

saintly, why is the "edit" only on my posts?

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

As its only 4 weeks (ish) to go until the Cardiff hearings on 14th Aug I was just wondering how everyone else is doing. I know a couple of the postees on this thread have already got their settlement but Krysta didnt even answer my email so I guess its time to get my court bundle sorted.

Anyone got any advice?

Nursiepoos x x x:roll:

Hi everyone,

As its only 4 weeks (ish) to go until the Cardiff hearings on 14th Aug I was just wondering how everyone else is doing. I know a couple of the postees on this thread have already got their settlement but Krysta didnt even answer my email so I guess its time to get my court bundle sorted.

Anyone got any advice?

Nursiepoos x x x:roll:

Hi, have you tried ringing .... I did a couple of weeks ago to be told that a full settlement letter would be sent out, but when I rang this week to find out where it was they had changed their tune (or rather Thomas Hickey had) saying that there were at least 100 claims for the 14th and that Barclays had not decided upon their policy yet (see my previous posts) and to get ready for the hearing.. ! Its a directions hearing so I thought that we did not need to do the bundle yet... try ringing on monday and post what occurs! regards, Jenny:???:

Guest Botsy

Hi

Just found this thread by accident. Me and my husband are also involved in the Cardiff hearings on 14th August. The Court informed me that they are expecting a large influx of people to turn up! Apparently there are over 100 cases that morning in Cardiff. Don't know how that will work but I'm just about to get our claims ready (don't know what to do yet) with Cap 1 and NatWest.

Hope they settle before then.

Otherwise, See you in Court!!!

Botsy

Guest Botsy

I believe its Judge Higginbottom (or the like) reading all the cases at 10.30am haven't got my claim file in work with me.

I haven't rang the court for about 1 month but was going to to try and get some more up to date advice. I've just printed off the 'court bundle' info but don't think I need to prepare that far yet as it is just a 'direction hearing'.

Any thoughts?

Botsy

As far as I know we only need to send 2 letters to the court and Barclays for the directions hearing on 14th. The draft directions order and the covering letter.

It seems as though the settlements are not happening like they used to for some reason. Just our luck :mad:

We'd be very interested to hear if anyone who is scheduled for the hearing on 14th August at Cardiff has had a settlement recently?

I agree Markshark, please can those who have already received a settlement please let us know - THIS IS IMPORTANT TO OUR CASES!!

Botsy, have you tried ringing Barclays Lit Team?

Hello

There are certainly going to be a lot of us in Cardiff. I understand about draft directions, but what is the other letter required to be sent to the Court and Barclays?

My problem is that I had to re-do my claim and therefore submitted a N244 Application Notice and N1 Claim Form, on the 8th June, which has not been dealt with by the judge yet. I've rang the court on several occasions and they assure me all will be completed in time for me. They are very friendly and helpful in the court office. Today they tell me its not 100 cases, but nearer 800!!!!! on the 14th.Aug.

Good luck to us all

everybodiesmum

Guest Botsy

Well my gripe is with Capital One (bank charges and default removal) but I haven't contacted them at all, not since I returned their cheque!

I was going to last out to last minute (literally) because I think they will anyway. If I do hear anything I'll keep you informed.

Botsy

:)

Hi,

Thanks Mark. So has everybody sent off these two letters and also intending to appear in court?

Still waiting to hear back from the court regarding my N1 and N244.

REally worried about getting it back on time. Gather our judge has been dealing with the Shamba the Sacred bull case!

Regards

everybodiesmum

Ha ha mum

I also noted that the judge dealt with Shamba. Poor guy, I bet he was gutted to have had that one landed on him and now he has a mass load of crazy bank charge reclaimers setting up camp in Waiting Room next month.

Ah well, perhaps I'll ask him if he wants to join us all for a pub visit afterwards :)

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Min's not recl;aiming but a DPA breach so my bundle is only at draft stage in my draughty head. DOesn't appear to be any instance on CAG where someone has actually had to go to court for bank continuing to hold out on statements so I think mine may be a first :)

I'll be the drunk in the corner .... no the other corner, that's the court clerk silly!

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

3 Wins :

Guest Botsy

Hi Olden

I misunderstood the question, but the litigation team I am dealing with are supporting Capital One (Angelina Wilson and Wendy Starr, if I recall) I had a few queries in relaton to a Wilson sent me earlier on in my claim, left numerous messages on her voicemail and never had one response.

Perhaps it is worth me chasing them up now, but then I think they are probably waiting for me to do that and I don't want to give them the satisfaction of me 'chasing' them, if you know what I mean.

I will probably leave it to the last minute. Right now I am in the process of preparing my letters to get them to Cardiff by early August!

Cheers

Botsy

Hey Guys,

new to this site - I am in Cardiff at 10.30 aswell with Nat West. I would be interested to know if any of you have had a settlement off them yet. I havent heard a word off them since I refused their handsome offer of £126 (I am claiming £7000.00 over 2 claims!) nor off Cobbetts since I sent replied to their defence. Is this normal?

From what I have read on these threads as I have claimed CI, it will prob go to a hearing - what du think?

Could you also give me an idea of what I need to send the court.

Thanks

Scoobs

I've been watching this thread because I thought I'd be joining you all. I had a letter today, I'm in Cardiff for a Directions Hearing on 14th NOVEMBER!!! So I won't be joining you but I will be watching tosee how you all get on!

Yep, I have one for 14th August and another for 14th November both against Barclays - 14th must be the 'Special Day' in Cardiff :D

Have you thought about trying to speed up the process by sending in a Draft Directions http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionnaires.html?highlight=new+strategy?

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :

What was the response you had from the court? I took mine in to Cardiff last week but haven't had a decision/response yet.

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :

Geez, how many people are going Cardiff on the 14th....

Im another one..

I could really do with some help as havent got the foggiest what I need to do.... I have read and read and all I understand is to print off 3 CAG bundles, dont know what to change or anything.. :(