Cardiff directions hearings *POST HERE*

claret74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you also let us know who was dealing with the claim please?

My fiancee finally got hold of Tom last week and he said that offer letters should be going out at the end of this month? That's cutting it a bit fine, so the directions letters will be produced this week then :mad:

Incidentally, could someone please let us know which Barclays address the directions letters should be copied to (as well as the Courts obviously)?

Ta.

here is the email she recived:

Thanks for your email and for taking the time to compile your schedule of charges claimed. I will have your charges verified with Customer Relations today and will send a you a settlement letter in the next day or so.

If you have any enquiries then please feel free to give me a ring on 0207-116-1943.

Kind Regards

Dino Papaevripides

Letter arrived next day, total claim was around the £3.5k intotal.

I emailed Tom Hickey this afternoon and gave brief details of a few of the Cardiff claims that had been settled, this is his reply:

Dear Jennifer,

Thanks for the email, but I am afraid that I have no idea which cases they all refer to, and of course I am not allowed to discuss anyone else’s claim with a 3rd party. I can also assure you that I am not dealing with any Cardiff cases at the present time, and if any of my colleagues have already then I am sure they had good reason for doing so.

Thanks,

Tom

Any ideas on what to do next?

Hi Smutley

There's not really a lot we can do now except wait ( again :( ) and hope that we hear before the court date. I suppose it won't be till the end of july that he even gets round to considering settlements. I'll keep you posted if i hear anything :D keep smiling we'll get there in the end ;)

linda

I recently received a letter off BLT stating that they had not had anything from the court regards a hearing and could I send them a copy of my Notice. Suffice to say I responded that regretably I didn't have scanning facilities but that I am sure the court would resend to them upon request!(it was actually true at the time of writing my letter).

Blimey, maybe I'm misintepreting but are Barclays actually asking me to assist in their Admin preparation to fight against my own action?

Will be interesting therefore to see if they bother turning up for my case.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

I supose we have a long wait as the hearing on the 14th is for directions which I presume would mean a hearing date later in the year. Is anyone going to attend on the 14th and if so are you going to take 'the bundle' or is that not relevant at this stage?

Welshcakes, are those 3 active claims you listed 'links' coz they dont open?

I have not asked for a SAR as I already had 6 years bank statements - should I do so anyway? My original letter said if they disagreed with my figures to provide proof - is that sufficient or have I missed something!

If you look at the hearing that was in cardiff on the 26th march (theres a link at the bottom of this page) nearly all of them was settled before that date and that was only a directions hearing. When i rung Thomas i just said i had a court date i didn't tell him it was a directions hearing.

hi

i have a directional hearing for the 14 august for claim amouting to 10500

robertson holbrook are representing me i am expecting RBOS to attend as hollbrooks are claiming interest

dont really know what happens after that

fingers crossed the pay out before

i also have the added nightmare as i still owe RBOS MONEY ON A LOANwhich has gone into debt management company

if any one knows what could happen ther please let me know

thanks treble99

Treble, not sure but would it not be the case that RBOS 'sold' on the debt to the debt management company, that the debt is now with them and not RBOS? - need some legal advise me thinks!!

Can any one ans my query on SAR

I have not asked for a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) as I already had 6 years bank statements - should I do so anyway? My original letter said if they disagreed with my figures to provide proof - is that sufficient or have I missed something!

Smutley

I think what you said on your letter was fine. Obviously if you already have your statements your not going to ask for them, they must realise that. Also they haven't sent you proof that the figures were wrong so they must be in agreement that you have it right.

hi smutley

ive just relised ive posted this on the wrong thread

anyway the debt has not ben sold they just accept a lower payment

and after 60 months i pay them a lump sum with so much written off

or so they say im still paying the management fees every month though

and paid 900 pounds when i thirst signed up

the very people who are supposed to help are making money

got a feeling its all gonna end in tears this

thaks treble99

ah treble sorry to hear that - a friend went down that route and then decided enough was enough so made herself bankrupt, now she only has to pay a 1/3 of her debt spread over 3 years and will be discharged by xmas. Good luck, might see you on the 14th !

Yes, see my previous posts (dont know how to enter quotes!!) - I phoned Thomas Hickey two weeks ago to which I got a good reply of will be settling - then when I rang him this week his tune had changed and basically get ready for court!! So bit confused and worried !!

Hi smutley

No my sig are not supposed to be links, just a way of seeing where Welshcakes is on her active claims, but now you've mentioned, I may link them up.

So, are we all up for a mini picnic in the main Waiting room or is it a question of going to the pub afterwards? :D

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Yes, see my previous posts (dont know how to enter quotes!!) - I phoned Thomas Hickey two weeks ago to which I got a good reply of will be settling - then when I rang him this week his tune had changed and basically get ready for court!! So bit confused and worried !!

Hi smutley, in that case I think I will email today, by the way why do I keep getting "edit" up on my posts???

good luck with your email - let us know who is dealing with your claim - and of course the response you get to see if it tie in with mine... 'edit' havent a clue! at least you can do the quote thing, I cant!! lol