Cardiff directions hearings *POST HERE*

claret74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My gf's claim against Barclays has also been allocated to Cardiff County Court for 14th August. Can someone please let us know what steps you have taken and if anyone has had an out of court settlement:

Do we phone Krysta and ask for a settlement?

Do we send the instructions to proceed letter?

Do we need to do a court bundle?

All advice and help would be appreciated ;)

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello markshark,

I telephoned Krysta and she told me that she was dealing with cases in date order and to get back to her on the 8th of June for discussion on settlement.

I think this depends on who is dealing with your claim as some people have already been settled. As Krysta is dealing with mine I have to wait for her.

Try ringing first and see what she has to say, you may be lucky and have someone else in charge of your claim.

A court bundle is not required yet, if you back to the beginning of this thread it will tell you in post 10 what you have to send to the court. you do not have to attend that day.

I hope this helps.

• Haha 1

RECEIVED MY CHEQUE TODAY!!!! YAY!!!!

Could someone tell me what I do next? Do I need to write to the court and tell them Barclays has settled?

Hey MarkShark,

You need to write a draft letter to the court which you can find a template of at the beginning of this thread. You do not need to prepare a bundle just yet as it is only a directions hearing. Give Barclays a ring and say your aware from the CAG that Barclays are settling claims without going to court and would they like to settle yours now without wasting any more of the courts time. Be polite as they are very nice to deal with and only doing their job. It can't do any harm and you may get your money sooner than you think! Like me - ooh its sooo exciting!!!

Good Luck

Thanks to everyone who helped me this site is fab, will be donating as soon as cheque clears.

xx

POPPY07

As poppy07 says just explain your situation, you will need a copy of your updated charges to date as they may ask you to email them to you.

Congrates Poppy07 enjoy your money!!

Everybodiesmum v Barclays

I to have a date for 14th.Aug. However I cocked up when I first submitted my claim on MCOL,(for my daughter) so following advice from the site, I have now completed an Application Notice (N244) to allow for an amendment together with a N1 and will take this to Cardiff tomorrow. I am also at the same time submitting a claim for my daughter-in-law (HSBC). Have decided this might be a better option than using MCOL, as it might speed things up. Hope I'm doing the right thing.

In the meantime, I would like to prepare for my "written representations as to how the case should precede" All I can find is the Allocation Questionnaire, despite many hours of trawling through the site. Can anybody help.

I live at Glyncorrwg, near Maesteg. Has anyone heard of it????

Good luck to you all

everybodies mum

Hi there, yes I've heard of it!!! I live in Bridgend! The letter you send as to how you would like to proceed is within a link at the beginning of this thread, just change the details and post it off.

Cheers Kashie, the money is more or less spent!! I'm having my first baby in September, so a lot is getting ready for that!!!

Thanks for advice Saintly, hopefully they won't bounce their own cheque, but I'll wait til it clears like you say. Do you know what I send to the court then?

Once thats done I think I might have a go at claiming for wasted costs -no harm in trying!!!

xx

POPPY07

I would send a letter with your claim particulars and headed

Notice of Discontinuance

then put in something like the above claim has now been settled in full i would like to thank the courts for their time spent in dealing with this matter

Sometimes the banks send a notice of discontinuance for you to just sign

UPDATE

Rang Kryta this morning she must be overwhelmed with telephone calls at the moment. She has a recorded message asking anyone who she is dealing with to leave their name and number for her to contact and for those who don't know who is dealing with their claim to wait as they will be in touch with you shortly.

Just waiting for her to contact me now.

My girlfriend tried ringing Krysta this morning but she also got the answerphone :( She is limited to how many calls she can make whilst at work and cannot take incoming calls so we've just emailed her asking if she wants to settle the case.

Fingers crossed now :rolleyes:

Arrrrh I just read the threads for Cardiff Small Claims - August 2007 or 2008.

Thanks for the update Caggings. I was expecting in a week or so get date > bundle > court > job done.

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)

Email response received from Tom:

Basically it states that they will be looking to do a settlement, but not until mid-July.

Roll on mid-July :p

Hopefully we wont have to pull the bundle together now :cool: