Cardiff directions hearings *POST HERE*

claret74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I already sent a letter to the courts, when Barclays entered their defence, as I did not have a AQ with my claim, I have my directions hearing date for the 14.08.07, do I now need to send anything else. I haven't sent anything since receiving this date last week. Sligthly confused on what I should be doing now!!

Thanks xx

POPPY07

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poppy - If you already haven't done so, see Gary's post (number 10) on this thread and follow the links. There are instructions for ordering directions.

everybodiesmum, if you've used the spreadsheet, the interest should have been calculated automatically from the date of the 'offence'.

Have sent off template cover letter, Draft Directions and updated Schedule of Charges to Cardiff Court and copied it all to Adrian St John at Barclays litigation section today by recorded delivery. That all took me long enough to sort out! Lol, hoping we can avoid the court bundle stage, that'll take me WEEKS! :lol: Fingers crossed now guys that we all get our money before 14th Aug!

How's everyone else doing? ;-)

Nursiepoos x x x x x x x

I wasn't sure whether to send anything off yet - thought it maybe a little early. Being as you have done this will follow suit, but awaiting outcome of others asking for early settlement also as this may be the way forward.

I called the litigaton team via Krysta Campbell's number

Krysta Campbell

Legal Clerk

Barclays Legal: Litigation and Disputes

Level 29

One Churchill Place

E14 5HP

Tel: 020 7116 4753

Fax: 01452 638 359

and asked for the person dealing with my claim. Krysta is indeed very helpful. I then spoke to a nice guy called Dino Papaevripides. After giving him a little background on my claim, he asked for an up to date figure so I sent him my schedule via email, and he sent my settlement letter by return.

shoud i inclued court fees and aq fee in total settlement plus 8%?

Kashie, yeah that's correct. (obviously, you can't add 8% onto the costs though...unfortunately;)

Thanks Poppy. I will try

Have sent off template cover letter, Draft Directions and updated Schedule of Charges to Cardiff Court and copied it all to Adrian St John at Barclays litigation section today by recorded delivery. That all took me long enough to sort out! Lol, hoping we can avoid the court bundle stage, that'll take me WEEKS! :lol: Fingers crossed now guys that we all get our money before 14th Aug!

How's everyone else doing? ;-)

Nursiepoos x x x x x x x

Hi Nursie, I live in Bridgend too same as your bro!!! Its a small world!! Could you let me have a copy of the template cover and draft letter you sent? I'm quite confused as to what we're meant to send, have read this thread but can't seem to open previous link.

Thanks!

xx

POPPY07

Is this only about Lloyd's TSB or any bank/branch located in Cardiff?

I have pending claims (and other issues including Stalking by HSBC, I'll post something on that here, too ;)) and originally my bank branch used to be in Cardiff. However, I am not there any more, so unless it helps to fight at the "source" of this evil and problem, I'd rather do so where I am living and working at the moment...

This is for barclays claims due to be heard at Cardiff on the 14th Aug.

I suggest you would be better logging into the HSBC forum for advice - sorry couldn't help you.

Managed to speak to Krysta this morning she is the one actually dealing with my claim - she says she is currently dealing with the june claims at the moment and advised me to phone back in two weeks.

I think it all depends on who is actually dealing with your claim as to whether they settle immeadiately.

So worth a try roll on two weeks time!!

Hey Guys

I just received my letter stating that il be in court on the 14th aug tooo!!i have tried to read up on a few threads as to what im supposed to send them now buuut me being a bit dull im getting really really confused.i cant understand the jargon used on quite a few threads so please can someone help me out.... i didnt get an AQ form at all, so the last things iv sent is a copy of my statements and a covering letter to barclays plus mcol.so what do i need to do now????help im confused...please dont use any jargon cos il just get more lost............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

AQ

This is the Allocation Questionaire, this is being dispensed with by judges to speed the process up, be aware the judge MAY still order the payment of £100 for the transfer to your local court.

Youre court date is in August which gives you a bit of time to think about the court bundle.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

Saying all this, I would advise you to contact the Litigation Team at Barclays. use the contact for Krysta and ask her if she knows who is handling your claim, she will either deal with it or pass you over,

They MAY ask you to call back nearer the date or as more recently they are settling once their defence has been submitted.

It is nerve racking, but be assured that they are a very reasonable team who are very polite, very friendly and VERY professional.

You will be glad you called..trust me...

• Haha 2

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

AQ

This is the Allocation Questionaire, this is being dispensed with by judges to speed the process up, be aware the judge MAY still order the payment of £100 for the transfer to your local court.

Youre court date is in August which gives you a bit of time to think about the court bundle.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

Saying all this, I would advise you to contact the Litigation Team at Barclays. use the contact for Krysta and ask her if she knows who is handling your claim, she will either deal with it or pass you over,

They MAY ask you to call back nearer the date or as more recently they are settling once their defence has been submitted.

It is nerve racking, but be assured that they are a very reasonable team who are very polite, very friendly and VERY professional.

You will be glad you called..trust me...

Thank you so much iv tinkered with your scales toooo whooo hoooo!!haha

do you think i should send her an email regarding settling or not? i feel silly ringing her up cos i feel i aint got a clue what im on about if you get me???or do you think a email is a no no??

either phone her with the example below or adapt it for email

Start with referring to your claim number and the court date at which ever court being heard by District Judge ………

Go on to say……

I realise from your defence that you do not agree with my legal analysis that the charges levied to my account amount to penalty clauses and are deemed unfair. I do however recognise the fact that the sum at issue between us is relatively modest and as such, it is not cost effect for either party to take the matter to trial. Therefore in order to avoid the inevitable time and cost associated with pursuing the claim to trial I am willing to settle the claim upon repayment of the charges applied to my account, together with statutory interest and costs totalling £xxx.xx.

Only once in receipt of cleared funds I will discontinue all action against Barclays in connection with this claim

[[this is taken from THEIR agreement letter]]

They are a very helpful and polite team.

I know this is going to be very daunting, but have a read through some recent posts.

Caz V Barclays / Woolwich **WON**

Woodentop v Barclays **WON**

What do i do next ?? Woolwich haven't filed defence**WON**

And many more.

Everyone that has followed this advice is very pleased they did.

One thing to remember b4 contacting them is to have your updated figures in front of you and settle only with what you are happy with,

If they do arguing the toss which isnt very often simply say thank you for your time I think I'll let the judge decide goodbye, hang up and they will contact you back.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.