Driving away with a clamp on the car?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

....just reading all the threads RE:PCN's.

What would happen legally if my car was clamped in a private car park, and I drove off with the clamp affixed to the car? Not worried about damage to car etc...

Also, question is asked "just out of interest".

....just reading all the threads RE:PCN's.

What would happen legally if my car was clamped in a private car park, and I drove off with the clamp affixed to the car? Not worried about damage to car etc...

Also, question is asked "just out of interest".

Just out of interest you would need to know the quality of the clamp before you would have any idea as to what would happen.

Flimsy cheap clamp could possibly break causing minor damage to car.

Good tough clamp would cause more damage to car and keep it immobile.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

The reason I ask is that if the car was clamped on private ground, and the car was moved to the road, is the car not then illegally clamped???

I would assume that the clamp would act as a "skate" if the car was moved? (I may of course be wrong!)

The reason I ask is that if the car was clamped on private ground, and the car was moved to the road, is the car not then illegally clamped???

I would assume that the clamp would act as a "skate" if the car was moved? (I may of course be wrong!)

Depends if it's on a driving wheel. On a free rotating wheel it should be ok for a short distance.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Guest xipetotec46

Cut it off but under no circumstances do it yourself get a passing big issue seller or bent copper to do it and give them a fiver, (the bent copper might want more though) you should always carry a 115mm cordless angle grinder with you and a spare steel cutting disc (preferaby a De Walt, better quality and quieter) especially in London, oh and you don't have to buy a copy of the big issue, unless of course you want to.