DAWTREY Vs Nat West

pebagesa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

Wondered if anyone can help. The claim was issued by the court on 4th May and served on 9th May. Nat West have until tomorrow (23rd) to respond, but as yet haven't heard anything from them (or the court). Should I be doing anything tomorrow???

Nope not really. If they havent responded by 24th though ring the court and get their advice, you might be able to go for judgement. Although trust me on this, Nutwest usually respond at the very last minute so dont be surprised if the response is in tomorrow post, if not, post back on here and we will take it from there with you. All the best, but dont hold ya breath, Lol xxxx Fendy xxxx

Cobbetts the banks solicitors are notorious for leaving it to the last minute. Give it a few days then phone the court. If no defence has been filed then apply for judgement.

Cobbetts may aplly for a stay of judgement which would delay things even further. Difficult one. Patience is an absolute must with Nasty West i am afraid.Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

OK, but remember the last thing you want to end up with is a set aside, that just delays it even longer, and by going for judgement too quickly, that is just what you might end up with, so before doing that post back on here and get some more advice as to best plan of action from there. Fendy xxxxxx

Hiya still nothing today - Gaud I hate this waiting around!!!

Yes but just think of that lovely money coming your way

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

There you go just checked the moneyclaim.gov.uk site and Nasty West have today acknowledged the claim!!! Does anyone know what will be next stage will now be? (Now I've just gone in to melt down - uugghhh why did I start this????

Basically, they've bought themselves an extra further 14 days to enter a defence. There's a very slim possibility that they'll 'forget' to enter a defence - after 28 days from the date the papers are served on them you will have won by default and you can apply for a judgment. Don't pin your hopes on this though - start reading up on the next stage which is where your case is moving further to the hearing date with the court! These threads may help you Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....tionaires.html, Is your court dispensing with the Allocation Questionnaire?

Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

The next stage is that you will hear from the court - either an Allocation Questionnaire or a letter saying an AQ has been dispensed with.

You can start reading up - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html and http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/79943-no-aq-straight-pre.html

Steven

A lot of reading up me thinks!!! Thanks for your comments and support - much appreciated - As a non-drinker, I suddenly feel the need to hit the bottle to keep my courage up!!!

Put the kettle on instead............ less of a headache in the morning!!!

Don't worry, you'll be absolutley fine Dawtrey. Print the links off if poss (I print mine off at work!!!!) and read it through so that you know exactly what to expect next. Cobbetts are nothing if not predictable - so as long as you do your reading............. you'll be fine!! xxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I have saved (most of) them on my computer - working from home means I can't print them at work - that's one less perk. But I can't seem to get a link on

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....tionaires.html, Is your court dispensing with the Allocation Questionnaire?

Am I doing something wrong???

And I bloody hate reading!!! Especially as it's not juicy gossipy type of things!!! When are they going to bring out a DVD to watch instead!!!

Soz Dawtrey - try this instead Is your court dispensing with the Allocation Questionnaire? and Frequently Asked Questions

And as for the DVD............. lol, I'd pay good cash to watch that one!!!! xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Sorry for the delay in replying But a BIG Thanks Hedgey - and to everyone else who is acting as my 'Crutch' at the moment - if you're not paid to do this stuff then you should be - I feel a new career for you all as a consultant coming on!!! :D REALLY DO APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE - THANK GOODNESS FOR THIS SITE.

Pleasure! ;) And thanks for the thanks - much appreciated! :D :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

The support on this Nasty West forum is humungous. It is a learning curve from the start and your confidence will soar as you progress. Then you will pass your experience onto someone else that is in your position now. So the cycle continues.

Everyones a winner except one. Yes you have guessed Nasty West, because they can never win. Good luck.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Acknowledgement of services has been filed now by Cobbetts (on 15th day!!) I guess it's now I have to wait to see if the AQ has to be completed or if it's being dispensed with. Deep Joy.

You are along way of an AQ. If they have acknowledged the sevice of your claim on them. They have until the 28th calender day to submit a defense. Have a read of this it will help you. Good luck.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=4

• 2 weeks later...

OK Had a letter from Cobblers today with their defence (6 pages) and request for further info (3 pages). Do I need to respond to this? (They are saying I have until the 20th June to respond to the CPR Part 18) - Or do I wait to hear from the Court? Don't want to do anything I don't have to but on a positive note - I am at least looking forward to using the CAG stickers I ordered!!!

You don't need to respond at all. There is a CPR-18 get lost letter you can send if you want to as CPR-18 doesn't apply to small claims. Otherwsie only send anything the court asks fro

Steven

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

Thanks Steven for a prompt response - as always! (that image of yours freaks me out!!! Is it from the Matrix???) Also, any idea where I can find the CPR-18 get lost letter.