recieved cheque but have a problem help please

emmaBZ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi my parents recieved a cheque for the full amount today oonly problem is its payable to my dads name and also says " into acc 0099990099 "

so if they try to pay it into the building society tommorow will it be rejected ?

surely they cant tell you where to pay the money into !?

If i am correct the account number on the cheque should not be a problem as long as the name is correct.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

emmBZ

out of interest in relation to my own claim , do your parents still have a nat west account ? i have insisted on a cheque but thay have said it is policy to pay the money into a nat west account. Mine is dormant and i have no access to it as it defaulted??

many thanks , it sounds like your parents are ok

yes they do have a natwest account...but are not using it now as i advised them not to...i just put in my POC that payment was to be made by cheque only....as its your money id say you can have it anyway you want....if they dont send a cheque then i would not accept payment untill cheque arrives then once cleared then i would inform court case was settled....

i told mum to try to pay it into the building society tomorrow....see what they say...

just a thought would it be illegal to just cross out the acc no.? :rolleyes: