• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

chubbas dad v reliance & fester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:mad: had a letter from a & l yesterday. they didnt recieve my expenditure form?.so i plucked out my post office reciet and quoted the ref number- i then said in a timid voice..........but its been signed for at your office mr.low and behold the response was " oh ............yes.............i see!!! it must have got crossed in the post. sorry for any inconvieniance you should get a response soon!! goodbye!!" ah i love the post office.:D

:mad: had a response from a & l yesterday.basically saying get lost fat lad.you have sufficient disposable income in order to meet your current financial commitments and reasonable living expenses.they did not show any "workings out" as my maths teacher used to say and i am baffeled as to how you make £228 spread out over my bills ie, rent, £100, gas, £15, elec, £15, water, £20, tv lic, £3.14,phone, £7.50, petrol, £15,clothing £12.50 council tax,£25.50,house ins £1.64 and i aint even fed the family yet.now im not an accountant or a banker and i can see from this that it just dosnt add up!!! god they make me angry.

Well, by my maths, you've got £12.72 a week to buy food for the family................loadsamoney:p you've paid your water bills, so this should buy about 20 loaves of bread each week, that'll soon stop you being a fat lad:D.........what more d'you want;):p

On a serious note, I'd write a reply insisting that A&L show their calculations, and what figures they're using to reach this conclusion, and advise them that you'll be contacting the FSA for their interpretation of your I&E analysis.

• Haha 1

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

not been hiding hun- just not been around lol- kids and work taking up too much time haha, hope things are ok....things don't seem to be moving too quick round here. i think theyre due in court again this month? i'll have to have a look round x

evening all. :cool: threw this together for a & l ,any sugestions as to how or if it needs elaborating?

cheers.

Dear sir/Madame

thank you for your response to my application for a refund of charges due to financial hardship.

I note that your response begins “it would appear that you have sufficient disposable income in order to meet your current financial commitments and reasonable living expenses.” yet you do not elaborate on how you came to this decision,. Therefore I must insist that you show your calculations, and explain what formula you are using to reach this conclusion. I must also inform you that I will be contacting the FSA for their interpretation of my income and expenditure analysis.

hi ginger

just keep posting someone will respond.and there are still plenty of others you can chat to.like me :smile: although im no expert and i dont give advice. apart from read as much as you can on the forums and bump yourself to the top.

good luck mate .

never give in is my moto.

• 1 month later...
:mad: fed up ...............wish this would all end ..........

I joined this discussion late but on the income and expenditure form did you include Household income and expenditure?

And are there priority debt arrears(mortgage/rent, council tax, utilities)?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hi Chubba

dont give up yet - you are right to keep trying if you believe you are a hardship case

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 2 weeks later...

i am sort of not giving up,if you know what i mean,

i included every pennie that comes in and every pennie that goes out.it left me with a minus figure at the end of every week and i explained that i rob peter to pay paul.i have asked them to show the calculations they used to determine the sufficient disposable income.

but they have basically said, get lost chubbs.if you want to follow this up go to the ombudsman, or the fsa ,you have six months to continue your claim.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

• 1 month later...

Tell them )A&L) you are making an official complaint to the FOS .

I know it will take time but for the sake of one more letter its worth a try.

Tell them you consider you are a genuine hardship case under the terms of the waiver. A&L will not confirm why they consider you are not and have not assisted you at all.

I am fed up to the teeth with them as well and have just closed my account with them as they have applied more charges. I will be putting in my claim and then sitting tight I guess.

Give me a shout if you need some help with the letters, although I am sure you are cabable:) you are probably fed up to the back teeth of doing them.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 1 month later...
:rolleyes:................how do everyone.well, i have now decided to go ahead with another (yes another) shot at the hardship case approach.any ideas about wording my appeal against their decision would be a great help.they gave me six months to appeal their decision that they made in june 09 .so i need to get my finger out so to speak.:-D

If your situation has not changed - why bother just go straight to FOs

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE