chubbas dad v reliance & fester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HHHHmmmm i think you should forget about loving a banker:D All us luvverly ladies might get jelous!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

how do peeps.i been hiding for a long time, working and saving for the kidz holls in the summer.havnt seen much happening on cag or on the news, anybody know where we are at with the test case?or is it still a case of sit tight and wait.:o

Hiya chubbs, hope u r okay, not heard the results from the test case yet but i sent a little nudge letter to wraggies, hopefully someone who knows whats going on will post soon xx

yawn at work,

yawn at budget,

yawn !!!!!

how stoopid,fags up!! booze up!! fuel up!! tax up!!! LABOUR OUT!!

i dont smoke, or drink, and now i wont be able to drive,so that meens my dream of a new honda fireblade has gone...thanks darling...............:roll:

MONSTER RAVING LOONEYS IN...................the free bmx will come in handy at xmas coz i wont be able to afford anything for the kids.......:p

And what realy gets my goat is them saying it is to stop binge drinking!

Thi is the government who gave us 24 hour drinking!

Stop treating the public like they are stupid! We all know its an easy tax. Those that are guzzling cider in great volumes because its cheaper than water are not going to take the slightest bit of notice and neither are the very rich.

But for hard working and pensioners all these extras are going to hurt what ever small treats they get.

Petrol is a nightmare as well for small businesses and why should we be paying so much when other countries are not.

Rant over !

Personally I think the government are driving us to drink and then making more tax out of it.!

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 1 month later...

This is what today means.

The judgment out today basically had three points to decide:

1. If the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations of 1999 could be applied to the terms relating to bank charges for overdrafts in personal current accounts.

2. If such terms were written in plain and intelligible language

3. If the law of penalties applies to overdraft charges in personal current accounts.

The High court held:

1. In favour of the OFT - yes the UTCCR 1999 do apply

2. Mainly in favour of the banks although some in favour of OFT

3. The law of penalties does not apply to overdraft charges because the charges are not payable on a breach of contract.

This is a massive victory on the part of the consumer. This means that the High Court have ruled that the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations do apply to overdraft charges which the banks have always denied.

This was simply the first round which may be subject to an appeal. Once the first round is finalised their may be further litigation to decide if the charges are unfair or there may be a compromise agreement between the OFT and the banks. But it is an important first step in getting a final decision.

What this means for you:

If your claim is currently stayed - the stay will remain in place until at least May 22nd when a decision will be made on any applications for appeal. The even if there are no appeals the stays may remain in place after this time until the second issue is resolved.

If you have not yet put in a claim but have written your preliminary letter do continue to make a claim so that you can claim your interest. If you wait until the outcome of the final decision it is unlikely that you will be able to file a claim as assuming the court rules in the consumer's favour the banks are likely to pay out on receiving complaint without waiting for you to file a court claim. In which case you will lose out on the valuable interest.

If you have not done anything yet then you can start the process by doing a Subject Access Request as detailed in the step by step instructions and then totalling up your charges using the spreadsheets and send off your preliminary letter demanding money and following the normal process.

Claims which are not affected by this decision:

CREDIT CARD

MORTGAGE CLAIMS

CLAIMS ON LOAN ACCOUNTS

Claims which are affected:

All personal bank accounts

The ruling on penalties will have serious implications on business claims. It is not currently advisble to claim on a business account.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

:p hi yah jen

brill news, just need it speeded up a bit,as when i went to court the judge said it would be unfair under human rights law to make me wait for a longer period than is necessary,hmmmmmm!!!! i mite look into that angle a little further?:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok just cheked some posts;) and i mite have a ponder about the "fairness with the lengh of time taken by the oft"............there must be something in human rights law that can push it along.because my judge smith used it to stay my case saying it wouldnt be fait "to make me wait longer than nescassary under h r l":-?

• 2 weeks later...

:D erk!!!!!!!!!!!! i know nothing......it wasnt me .................i was at home in bed sleeping and i have 300 witnesses.:rolleyes:

hi lancs, sorry i aint been about. unfottunately i know as much as you!!

why have a & l changed my t & cs?.........what is the minimum payment to a premier account?............have they realised they are gonna loose and are trying the re-coup route now?

whats going on?.................where is my jen?...................why cant i have a fireblade?...............i need an oracle.:-?

i'm here xx still in the dark too tho hun, a&l are appealing with the rst of em but we should here more middle of this month...hopefully, missed u lol x

:) missed u 2 u crazy cagger..........:p glad to hear u r ok gonna get me a new avatar..........maybe some gallows just for "darling and brown". lmao sounds like a funeral directors :rolleyes: maybe they will need one soon ?

haha, definately, they've stopped answering my emails lol, not that i'm stalking them at wragge and co....honest x