• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

chubbas dad v reliance & fester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:mad: chubbs is home and feeling dissapointed.:(

i had a nice day in court,i was asked if i minded having another couple in with me and i said "no thats fine ".they were a lovely couple and i thank them for their input during the hearing.we were told we were "intelligent and arradite people" (still looking that one up and i bet i miss spelt it :-D )the agent wasnt what i expected, he was a bit like .............well me realy.i wanted 3100455007 but i spose i got the next best thing.judgy asked if i had recieved a copy of a letter dated today "no sorry sir i havnt" "i didnt think so " he said "because its dated today and i have only just recieved it"then he let me read it and onwards we went once more into the breach.it was a nice pleasant experiance not at all how i imagined it.so our stays were not lifted because judgy said it wouldnt be fair on us to have a case nxt year after the test case quoting the overring objective and human rights angle.he did say we could appeal his decision,but i think ill leave it now.i think if i hadnt phoned oilys the agent wouldnt of been there for me.it did sound rushed this morning and he only had a few pages in his folder.oh well i can w8 till january.im not gonna let it spoil my xmas.(even though i coulda done with the cash injection right now.8)

Hi there

Sorry to hear it didnt turn out how we all hoped today, like you say not long til January. We've waited this long. It doesn't sound as scary as I am imagining it to be though.

Chin up

kp:)

ps I dont know what arradite means either..

maybe its like glue? oh no thats araldite!But you did stick to your principles!

Sorry how it turned out - but personally I am now of the opinion there is no point in carrying on through the court system - and now even the hardship clause is being questioned. So we have hold on to see what happens in January.

Hoping you win in the end.

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

its erudite - you learned professor you:)

ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms

Adj.1.erudite - having or showing profound knowledge; "a learned jurist"; "an erudite professor" learned

scholarly - characteristic of scholars or scholarship; "scholarly pursuits"; "a scholarly treatise"; "a scholarly attitude"

Sources=Sources | 4

Attribution()SocialNetworks()

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

:) im realy pleased with that jan thanx much.i am a learn ed nerd .aint no one told i that sort o stuffs b4, i is full of knowledge and i is happy :)

erudite=chubbas dad (the learned nerd proffesor of all things chargeable)

:-D erudite = mr chubbs (the proffesor of all things chargeable)

:eek: omg im so clever hahahahahaha

characteristic of scholars hohohoho

woot wooot ................."a scholarly attitude"

even my teachers didnt think like that of me way back when ho ho

personaly I am in the bear garden - on the "pretend you are prime-minister thread getting a few things off my chest.

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

hiya hun, not been online for ages....pc decided to crash big time!!! Sorry i missed your fun...looks like you'll be in my queue for january payoff!!

Jen x

• 1 month later...

oi oi savaloy chubbs in dah house again..............;) have been like a lot of others lately ...................quiet and sullen and bored and sulking!!!!!!!!!!!!!but im back, its the new year ...(well in a few hours) and im ready to go again:) stand by bankers, im downloading the tune "i fought the lloyds" i want it at no 1 .i cant w8 till the test case now.i have a new found enthusiasm and drive.its gonna be good peeps, so chins up and dwink that jack & dan, lets get busy :)

Not posted for ages, but still keeping an eye on the forum ...

Just to wish Chubbas, Jen, Janus and everyone else a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR and all the best for 2008!

Do hope the test case goes well and everyone gets the monies due to them early in the new year.

Love,

Mimi x

• Haha 1

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Hi All, Happy new yr to all the A&L FF, hope u all had a good one....unfortunatley the shots got the better of me so i am very poorly today but i did have a good night. Hopefully now the testcase is iminent we can all pull together and give them HELL!!!!!!

Big kisses to chubbs, mimi , jan and squarebob. xxxxx

• Haha 1

Hi

lovely to see some of you back on line

Happy new year!:D

Jan

• Haha 1

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi

have not really been away - just got involved in a couple of Abbey cases.(i know traitor!:) ) if you think A&L were a hard nut to crack you should see thread by abroadgirl.

I expect we will all bet back on here watching the case progress ( well theres nothing on the telly is there!

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

come on then what are your predictions for the case?

I tend to think the banks will get a slap on the wrist and will alter future charges for going OD - down to about £12.00 per transaction- they will get this back in other ways - by charging for other services.

However somehow i think they will wriggle their way out of paying back past charges. Sorry folks but I think the sums are too big - and in view of the northern rock fiasco they are not going to risk a bank going under ( not that they would, but they would plead poverty!)

I still smell a rat and a deal somewhere. But we can but hope.

I think this site can carry on with other crusades anyway. there seems to be a lost oppurtunity of a lot of intelligence on here which could be used in other ways as well.

What about making the banks responsible - for irresponsible lending?

I can see many young people getting into real trouble with unsecured debt and there has definitely been a trend for lending for mortgages being based on unrealistic salary ratios- which has in turn pushed up house prices.

We all have a responsibility but so do the lending institutions and I think they should be made to pay for encouraging the present climate. They will surely be pulling in the reins soon- and who will suffer ? Us.

Sorry for the moan :o

Happy new Year - and turn of the telly and the lights - come back on here for healthy debate - and save electricity as thats going up too!!!:p

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi all, ....predictions for the test case..hhhmmmm.

I think it has made my claim worse, even though A&L have promised to abide by it in my case and pay me out, my claim is a =6yr claim so if the courts say pay them for the past six yr for charges over £12 (which i think they will) i am going to lose about £3000, which is a bummer!! I am looking forward to it been over though.

What are everyone elses predictions????

xx

i predict that ..................um well...........................ah.............um..................i aint gettin wat i wanted, but some,will be better than nothing.if i get nothing then i may resort to bank robbery for the full amount and costs.:) im in the same frame jenny is i just need it over realy.its been a long hard year for a lot of people......and unfortunately i cant see it getting any easier.sorry:(

but there are a lot of good points..........ie. the friends i have made on here,and i do mean friends, the internet is a strange place.you all may be axe murderers......(joke) but i have found you all to be very supportive and very decent people, and i sometimes wish we could all sit in a boozer and reminice about the last year.but that would spoil my image of you all(i see you all as crusaders with a cross of st george)

i allso agree with jan this is the place to carry on the peoples work.there are a lot of things that can be acheived by a mass movement of peacefull protest.esspecially when its organised as well as the caggers.:grin: