• Tweets

• One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other!
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
    • the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

chubbas dad v reliance & fester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya hunny, long time no speak. Not sure if you're on your hols already but i've missed you..LOL...Talk soon....Jen x

hi

I was wondering as well how things with your stay were going?

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

evening all,sorry bin taking days away and now preparing to go on my hols for aweek.i havnt left or abandoned you (worst luk i hear u all shout) i thought id give us all a break. anyway, no news yet on my stay,doubt ill hear anything now till the 7th sept when i get back from the sea side.:) just hope we have at least a few days of warm sun shine.i will be back rejuvinated and ready to figth on in a new and vibrant way (or something just as exciting :rolleyes: ) speak later people......have a nice time on holls jen xx

Nice to see you back hun. Its good you're having timeout....the crusade can get to you after a while, i go on 10th so i might talk to u before,

Jen xx

;) no news today on the stay,my only hope is it comes tomorrow b4 i get away on holls.two days till my b day and the new toy is calling me.miles n miles n miles of smiles...................and the odd fly in the teeth(i do hope not)2847311388

love is............................a bank that gives!!!!!(it all back):rolleyes:

:) well thats it birthday over, 41 has come, and is going :roll: .tomorrow im on my holls for a week.so ill try and keep you updated when and if i can get to a pc.if not, friday evening im back home and online.hopefully my stay will be lifted (fingers crossed)has anyone had one lifted yet?

Hi, A few have had them lifted...& a&l are still paying out on some too....have you received the official letter re stay yet?

Jen xx

hi all, im back from my holls and i have news.just phoned my local court to find out if there was any decision on my application to have a stay removed.the judge has set a hearing date for 05 november at 1400 hours i should recieve the letter in the post tomorrow.rok on the judge that has cheered me up.just need help now to prepare for that.so a lot of daft questions will follow im sure .:roll:

Glad u r back hun....did ya have a nice time? Remember remember the 5th of november!! xx

it was a great holl ty jen.best i have had for years.:cool: so what will be happening on the 5th do you think?hearing to remove the stay?or stay removed and hearing for charges?omg im so excited today.............gonna shoot up the offy and get the bulmers in :roll:

hi

well done for getting the hearing- read my thread and some of my posts today - I have a feeling in my bones- you may be on your way!

Jan:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Judge stayed Case but tith a condition

some light reading:)

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

:) well here it is,in all its glory.the letter from yeovil county court.:)

two lines and 29 words of pure pleasure....................:rolleyes:

"the hearing of the claimants application for removing the stay will take place at 14;00 on the 5 november 2007 at yeovil county court, 22 henford,yeovil,somerset,ba20 2qd."

so now i gotta get a haircut and a new suit, brush my teeth, and practice speaking, with out tripping over my tongue.oh the joy,will be interesting, and a new life experiance.its gotta be one of the 100 things to do before i eat dinner.:-D

I know you wil keep positive and learn from us - dont even bother to nudge until right before the hearing - remember its a case of who blinks first! and I dont think it will be you.

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

:) well here it is,in all its glory.the letter from yeovil county court.:)

two lines and 29 words of pure pleasure....................:rolleyes:

"the hearing of the claimants application for removing the stay will take place at 14;00 on the 5 november 2007 at yeovil county court, 22 henford,yeovil,somerset,ba20 2qd."

so now i gotta get a haircut and a new suit, brush my teeth, and practice speaking, with out tripping over my tongue.oh the joy,will be interesting, and a new life experiance.its gotta be one of the 100 things to do before i eat dinner.:-D

MMMM, I'm sure the flies in ur teeth will not sway the judge.xx

:) thanks guys.

i only blink at 140 plus(when i realise im being naughty) and the bank cant, or refuse to do that.(realise they are naughty) so im real chuffed about things at the min.the freedom fighters are alive and kiking in yeovil. thanx for the invite for dwinks,im sure we can get together, and be court buddies if needed.how is yours going togeoff ??.

Urgent Info Needed To Confirm A Bank Leak

post 86 A$L are mentioned on link

jan

OFT Test Case POC's (

and dont these look familiar?

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

This is new territory for all of us and dont forget even if someone else is unsuccessful at lifting stay - you could have sympathetic judge

I can only tell you what I was going to do

1) Take a list of the cases that A&L had settled outside court (litigation section)

2) take a copy of the appeal document you sent ( i assume the letter from here?)

3) emphasise any delaying tactics by taking copies of correspondence - and also show them if you have made any attempts to settle

4) get the Names and case numbers from those who have been paid by A&L since OFT case (scoobz has list)

5) Emphasise that you feel A&L had no intention of appearing at your case and would have settled in the days before as is shown by the cases you have examples of

6) Important - if you are a hardship case be prepared to prove it and take a copy of the FSA agreement that shows that Hardship cases should be filtered through.

Other than that just keep reading before hand to see what has worked for others .If anything

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE