Can someone PLEASE help me out

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

R.E MACKENZIE HALL (Next plc)

Rcvd a red postcard thru the post for somebody who isn't living with me or as ever lived me asking me to get in touch with the above named company who i av never even heard of before, Not even give me chance to contact them when following day i rcvd another letter for notice of court action. As i have lived at my current address for over 6yrs and have never had any letters from any debt agency dont know where this as come from? I've foned Mac.hall and informed them of this matter only to have a rude lady on the other end of the fone called LAURA McLEISH who keeps saying that its a crime and penalties will be paid and then keeps putting the fone down on me, but what i've been trying to ask for is some sort of proof from them as to why and how this debt as been linked to my address.

Please Please Please can anyone tell me what i'm supposed to do when there stating that its off to court if i dont pay up before 24th May.

Also what i dont understand is that i currently run next directory with no debt owed against it and my Ref No is PT xxxxxx but the account No that Mac.Hall av starts wiv a single letter M-xxxxxxx followed by 7numbers, whether this is relevant to it i dont know, but due to asking friends nobody's account seems to start with just 1letter followed by 7numbers. Hope somebody can put my mind at rest as i'm really starting to worry now that this is the start of some very nasty company demanding money.

Thanx Again - Crazey Lou

I wouldn't worry about it too much. They can only sue the debtor. If that isn't you then they can't take you to court. Send them a recorded delivery letter stating that the person in question doesn't live at your address and you've been there for 6 years. Tell them to stop sending their cards and that unless you receive confimation that they will stop writing to your property you will inform trading standards.

Whatever you do don't ring them again. The debt isn't yours and you have nothing to worry about.

You may find this letter useful: Keep a copy & send recorded delivery

(Your home address)

Date: ____________

To: ______________

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your signature)