Monkey V's Barclays

monkey1972

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I received an acknowledgement of service on the 11/05/07 from Barclays solicitors stating they intend to defend my claim in full (2 accounts total claim £5,450 + interest :oops: , initial offer £4,100 rejected). I can see from the numerous other threads that this intention to defend is standard practise, however, I have not heard anything from them since then, is this normal?

I also notice from similar threads that people are sending copies of their 6yrs worth of statements to the court and to the defence solicitors, should I be doing this as nobody has requested it plus I have given all this information in my previous letters to Barclays?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, also what should my next step be?

Regards, Monkey.

Okay - from the 11/5 when they acknowledged the claim you need to give them a further 14 days to defend the claim, once they have done that it will take about a week tops to get a letter from the courts showing Barclays defence and whether you will have to fill out an AQ or not, then depending you either fill out the AQ and submitt that and then wait for a court date or if no AQ is being sent just wait for a court date, as soon as you recieve a court date it will give directions about preparing a court bundle with statements etc.... So in a nut shell you need to be a bit patient for now and just wait - there is a lot of waiting around before Barclays pay up, unfortunatley!

Tori:)

Hi, A little help needed if possible. My claim with Barclays was submitted on the 26/04 and in turn Barclays issued an acknowledgement of service on the 11/05, however, no defence has been submitted as yet. As I understand it they have 14 days from the 11/05 i.e. today to submitt a defence, if they do not, I will be able to request a judgement by default. I have just tried this on MCOL however it will not let me, is it 14 full days i.e. tomorrow? and will I be able to request that on a Saturday?

Thanks in anticipation, Monkey.:confused:

Hi, A little help needed if possible. My claim with Barclays was submitted on the 26/04 and in turn Barclays issued an acknowledgement of service on the 11/05, however, no defence has been submitted as yet. As I understand it they have 14 days from the 11/05 i.e. today to submitt a defence, if they do not, I will be able to request a judgement by default. I have just tried this on MCOL however it will not let me, is it 14 full days i.e. tomorrow? and will I be able to request that on a Saturday?

Thanks in anticipation, Monkey.:confused:

Here is the timeframe.

Claim Timetable:

Your claim will generally be deemed served 5 days after filing . The deemed date of service will be on the Notice of Issue sent to you by the court.

The bank will have 14 days from the deemed date of service to acknowledge. If they do, a Notice of Acknowledgement will be sent to you

The bank will then have an additional 14 days in which to file a defence, ie a total of 28 days from the deemed date of service.

Also read this link here.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Right just to keep you guys updated, and hopefully allay some of my fears. Barclays filed a defence on the 26/05, however, as yet I have not heard anything from them or the court, is this normal, how long from experience does this take?

I have started to pull together my court bundle in readiness, however, I am unsure whether I need to be doing anything else?. I am manically reading other threads and seem to getting slightly different slants on this plus everybody else seems to be busy doing things which then worries me!! i.e writing to the banks solicitor, sending info thro to the court etc

I am writing this and realising that I probably need to sit tight and wait, but if anybody has any advice on what I need / or could do I would appreciate it, likewise if you think on on the right track.

Cheers Monkey.

just wait till you hear something .. you should get a Notice of Transfer .. you could try ringing mcol to see if it has been sent out yet .... once yo get your notice of transfer its then wait again (this depends on how busy your local court is )

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Thanks for that Saintly, I received the notice of transfer yesterday. I presume I just have to wait now until a court date is set? When they advise the date will they also request the court bundle etc.Just one more point, the notice of transfer, states that the filing of an allocation questionnaire has been dispensed with, am I right in thinking I will still probably have to pay the allocation fee due the size of my claim(s).Cheers Monkey.

You still might have to fill in the AQ it all depends on your court ...... the payment of a fee if there is no AQ also depends on your local court

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

• 2 weeks later...

Right then, I have received an AQ (N150) and followed the excellent advise on how to complete, however, I have a couple of questions:

Section H (Other Info)

Have you attached documents to this questionnaire? - Is this refering to the draft order for directions? Also do you think i should attached a further schedule of the charges.

Have you sent these to the other parties? - should I tick yes and send the draft order for directions to Barclays, or no and just attach to the court copy?

Do I intend to make any applications in the immediate future? What does this mean, I assume the answer is no.

Any advise would be graetly appreciated.

Monkey.

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Thanks for the reply.

Thats the guide I have been following, however, I'm still stuck on section H. Principally, should I attach a further copy of the charges or not and / or if I attach the draft order for direction should I also pass this on to Barclays litigation team.

I assume I do not need to re-send the schedule of charges as this will go with my court bundle, therefore it's just the draft order and whether I need to send to Barclays.

Sorry probably being a bit thick but hey, whats new.

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Right thanks to teh advise I have managed to completed my AQ, it asks whether I have sent these to the other party, which I intend to do today. Do you think it will be ok to e-mail the documents (using the e-mail contacts for Barclays litigation team).

Personally I would send them by post, recorded delivery just to be sure they reach their destination lol

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have received a notice of hearing for the two claims I have. The thing is that is all it says - a notice of hearing, 02/10, 10mins have been allocated for the hearing and I should attend??

Is this normal, do I need to take anything with me, what about court bundles etc or am I just ahead of myself.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

What type of hearing is it ... has the judge given any instructions on it ?

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

I am unsure what type of hearing it is and the only directions are as follows.

It just says:

Notice of Hearing.

Date 2 October 2007, 10.30am at Burnley County Court.

10 minutes has been allocated for this hearing

You are required to attend.

Please note this case may be released to another judge possibly at another court.

I am unsure what type of hearing it is and the only directions are as follows.

It just says:

Notice of Hearing.

Date 2 October 2007, 10.30am at Burnley County Court.

10 minutes has been allocated for this hearing

You are required to attend.

Please note this case may be released to another judge possibly at another court.

sounds like an allocation.

wait until a week before and contact BLT and tell them you have a court date...DO NOT tell them its only an allocation ?? they will assume theyve mislaid your info and prob agree to settling.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.