zombolavs halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Im new to this site but have already taken a few steps towards reclaiming my unfair bank charges with the halifax.

I got all my old statments for the past 4 years and totalled the amount i was to re claim which came to £1385.00

i sent a letter along with copys of my statements and a spreadsheet with a breakdon of the charges. ive wated about 2 months and today recieved a letter stating that they have carried out an investigation and that they are happy that the charges have been correctly applied to my account. They also wrote that i reffered to guidlines on credit card default charges issued by the office of fair trade and that it doesnt apply to my account (i must have left that bit in by accident on my letter) so they must now know i dont really know what im doing.

is the next stage court? Im a little apprehensive that if it went to court i wouldnt be able to stand my corner as I dont really know the law or terminology for this case and would end up loosing, all i know is they have taken a lot of money from me which i think is totally unfair. Can anyone help? has anyone had a similar case? would anyone recommend taking thsi further?

thanks

paul

As money says, this is a fob off letter.

Stick to your time scales.

Prelim.....14 days.......Lba.......14 days......File!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

All the letters you will need are here...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Also have a read through some of the threads to get an idea of how Halifax do things.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

i may be being a bit dim here, but I cant seem to find a letter in response to a refusal. There are a few when you have been offered a partial sum but I havnt been offered anything.

the general jist of the halifax reply is:

i have carried out a full investigation of your complaint and i am satisfied that the charges have been correctly applied to your account.

you also reffered to the guidlines on credit card default charges issued by the office of fair trading. AS the guidlines do not apply to bank account charges, i cannot comment on it. (this part is a bit worrying, did i send the wrong template letter? will this show i dont know what im doing? But I never mentioned anything about a credit card in my original claim letter??)

you asked us to explain how we calculate the amount of charges for which you are seeking a refund. As this is commercially sensetive info, i hope you understand that i cannot provide this info. (presumably becuase this will show how exactly they steal money from people)

when you opened your acc. you agreed to our terms and conditions which explained that charges would be applied if you did not keep to them. from time to time we have also sent you info about the current level of charges. The info formed part of your agreement and we have applied them strictly according to the terms agreed. We make these charges because its more work for us etc. etc.

i am sorry to advise that i am declining your complaint. i also got a crappy leaflet about charges.

Ive read through some of the threads by other people claimng against the halifax but none seem to be similar to mine, they mostly seem to have been offered a partial sum straight away. Apologies if im being a bit stupid but im still trying to figure out this site, it all seems a bit crazy at the moment. Thanks for all your help so far

P