declined letter from halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi lang,

I havent ever had that letter but lots of people have.

I would say ignore it and carry on with your timescale...........I dont know how far you are with your claim though.

If you post details of what letters you've sent etc then someone can help you further. :)

I'm in the same boat as you, After the prelim letter date 4th May I got the same reply you got dated 11th May. This appears to be a standard letter to try to put you off progressing the claim. The second letter was sent yesterday declining their decision. So I'll wait and see what comes next.

Make sure all your latters are sent recorded delivery, and their delivery can be tracked. Stick to your time scales (14 days).

I've been sending my letters to

Bank of Scotland

Customer Relations

PO Box 29112

Dunfermline

KY11 2ZX

The response I got back was from THOMAS LANGAN, Review Manager, Customer Relations.:cool:

• 1 month later...

Hi dodsyboro,

And the WINNER IN THE BLUE CORNER IS Barj!!!!

Okay thats the celebration out of the way, to answer your question, I'm not sure which rejection leter you got, whether its the first one or one of the subsequent ones you will get.

1. After the Prelim letter comes the "Our charges are legal" letter. Ignore and send the LBA.

2. You then get a letter again stating "Our charges are legal, but as a gesture of goodwill we will give you £****." Ignore and send your letter of rejection. Either full rejection or as I did that you accept that offer as part payment of what you are due.

3. In my case I waited 7 days then phoned the person that the second letter came from "John Denison" to confirm he had received my letter of rejection, that was on Friday 29th June. Over the phone he offered to sort out the situation there and then and offered me £2200.00. I had originally only claimed for £2029.00 as that is what the charges for 5 years amounted to, but they worked it out for 6 years as that is what they are offering in England.

Phoning them might not be seen as being the done thing, however it saved a heck of a lot of hassle with the court and was a far speeder outcome. Got the letter of confirmation on Monday 2 July.

The main thing is stick to the time scales on the letters, and when it reaches the final stages it depends on what track you wish to follow. I gained £180.00 more than I was claiming for, but lost on interest at the court stage, but saved time and hassle. GOOD LUCK. :cool:

i have literally just recieved a letter back from halifax also declining, my request of bank charge reversal, what is the best step to take next? thanks dodsy

Hi Dodsyboro:

Welcome to the right place!

1st thing to do is to start your own thread here!

Go up to the top Halifax and Bank of Scotland and start your new thread.

It's better that way and easier to keep a track of what's going on.

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

barj you need to update your thread. ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

barj you need to update your thread. ;)

;) And, hopefully, make a donation to CAG! ;)

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!