Do Halifax settle over the phone?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a punitive offer of £1519 against my claim of £3600 which I intend to reject. Has anyone managed to discuss this over the phone with Halifax and get the full amount or do you have to go through the 'dance' of sending the rejection letter etc etc. I need the money that they have taken now, and I am not prepared to take their offer so that they can get away with the rest of my money. Also, how long is the normal period between sending the rejection of offer letter and getting a payout?

I have just received a punitive offer of £1519 against my claim of £3600 which I intend to reject. Has anyone managed to discuss this over the phone with Halifax and get the full amount or do you have to go through the 'dance' of sending the rejection letter etc etc. I need the money that they have taken now, and I am not prepared to take their offer so that they can get away with the rest of my money. Also, how long is the normal period between sending the rejection of offer letter and getting a payout?

Hi,

I had a small offer in writing, so phoned the guy who had signed the letter and spoke to him. He did increase his offer over the phone so yes it is worth trying to phone them and see what they say. Remember to log the date,time, name of person etc for your records.

How long it will be till payout depends on what stage you are at and how difficult the halifax are being.

Good luck

Chop

Will definitely donate on payout to help keep this site going - thanks for all the advice!

Hi guys, what stage are you at, have you filed a claim yet? I'm a month into my claim and just doing a 2nd LBA giving them 7 days or else I am filing at court and you are wasting precious court time letter! Hope this may jig em up a bit, will save them and me money after all! Not to mention the stress of all this waiting. Good luck, hope you get settled PDQ!

Suze ;)

Hi all. I have files my claim, and Halifax have about another 4 days to file their defence. The letter I received was along the lines that they will offer me £1134 plus costs and interest, otherwise they will file a defence. I know that they won't file, but wondered if it was worth calling them to tell them that I want the whole lot. Also, as I've just posted on a new thread, they also included a working sheet, with only about half the charges on it. Is this a normal thing to have, or does this appear to have been included by accident?