• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Advice Wanted with Lloyds Court Action

angelcat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This time-critical Lloyds crisis shows up a weakness of the CAG forums. That I know of, donnalou, Madkit, and yourself are in exactly the same position. But threads proliferate, or shall I say explode, and CAGgers in the same boat cannot find each other.

Threads asking specific urgent questions also get swamped by scores of postings of general opinion. Perhaps you might consider PM a Mod to merge certain threads into one thread. Or possibly to open a new forum -- on specific moves for those facing imminent court dates post-Kevin, i.e. exactly what to do now.

As for the new requirement to understand the legal points following Kevin's defeat, this is again another area where CAG Mods could take a lead. I have read various interpretations of the defeat in the forums that do not agree with each other, indeed factually contradict one other. Maybe that's why solicitors get paid £390 per hour.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mistermind, I agree.

I suggest for maximum efficiency that:

• A new forum is opened for Lloyds for URGENT COURT ISSUES ONLY

• No new threads may be opened, however each thread relating to each specific problem (eg: Court action stayed, Preparing court bundles specific to Lloyds, court in

• If a topic is not listed as an existing thread, a moderator should be contacted to either open a new thread or advise the appropriate thread. /edit: Applicable to people who want to ask a question not listed, not relevant when opening a new forum or suggesting potential problems!

• The first post on each thread should list relevant resources eg/ templates for stay appeals, templates for stay negotiations, relevant court bundles. For ease of locating, these should be hosted as word document files rather than as forum posts as this can make it difficult to see what you need and what requires amendment. This post should also make clear EXACTLY what needs to be collected/sent with each template- ie list of won cases with stay negotiation letters- with links to these resources.

• All threads SPECIFICALLY relating to each topic should be merged. Non-specific threads should be left. Threads non-specific which cover the issue amongst others - the poster should be encouraged to copy the relevant post so we don't get bogged down in the details!

• Users should be encouraged to thoroughly read the relevant post before posting a question to avoid repetition, however introducing yourself is fine!

I appreciate this is a lot of work for mods- especially the hosting word document templates- but if every CAG user has access to the exact resources and specific help I think that we'll all be happily successful in our endeavours to fight the banks!

Any takers, mods? I'm up for helping out on this one, getting organised without having to trawl the forums through thousands of posts for the last few months would be extremely helpful to the cause!

Angelcat,

A lot of good ideas for the attention of Mods, but I suspect the emphasis is on "a lot". This grassroots forum grew freely from nothing to a userbase of 140,000 -- I believe growing by 10 thousand users last month.

With well over a million threads and a limited search engine (if you search for "Angelcat" AND "Lloyds" you would get an unmanageable return containing either Angelcat or Lloyds), sheer volume and repetition to the Nth degree has always been a problem. I know of a very good posting which somehow I cannot find again despite knowing a reliable keyword.

If not an immediate global comprehensive solution then, perhaps a local partial shortcut? Perhaps for a small group of Lloyds combatants needing to share strategy and documents for immediate action, to post an index of combatants contained inside one posting of one thread. This co-ordination index will always stay in the same position, preferably the top, of the same thread, and UPDATED BY EDIT as advances are made. Individuals facing fire in the frontline will keep up to date in their own interest.

Every battle relies on a Command and Control Centre -- always the first target for destruction by the enemy. How about an index like the top of page 4 in subscribed.gifV-E Day: Victory over Egg 4

An idea, and an update-

I could quite possibly set up a forum on my own webspace as a temporary solution, if you fancy working on it and modding it with me people can be directed there for resources. Won't be able to sustain that much traffic though so would literally be a very temporary measure, but it should only take me a few hours to set up.

An update now:

Lloyds have sent me a letter, thanking me for the letter that I sent #th MARCH threatening court action which of course has now gone ahead. The letter says they are unable to add to the letter they sent me dated #th March*claiming that their charges are legitimate service charges and not penalties and that they are unwilling to refund any of the charges*. The letter goes on to say:

"I can see that you have already issued a court claim for repayment of these fees and that our solicitors are now dealing with it. If you are successful in your claim, this figure will be deducted from any award that may be made. Other than this, we will not be making any attempt to reclaim this money."

Uh... WHAT MONEY? Lloyds haven't offered me any money nor have they credited my account with any money.

Have they just sent me a generic letter edited incorrectly? Are they dumb? Or have I missed something? Should I contact them to see if they intended to make a goodwill gesture? If they think they have already credited me with some funds they may deduct their goodwill gesture which I never recieved! Even worse, they may have sent a letter I've not recieved giving me a date to respond by if I accept the settlement!

I've scoured the letter they sent on that date and there is NO MENTION of any goodwill gesture or settlement suggestion.

Sorry to ask again, but HELP!

The letter goes on to say:

"I can see that you have already issued a court claim for repayment of these fees and that our solicitors are now dealing with it. If you are successful in your claim, this figure will be deducted from any award that may be made. Other than this, we will not be making any attempt to reclaim this money."

Not having read lloyd's infamous letter I can only make a guess, reading the blank spaces between invisible lines, apologies if way off.

(A) You are currently overdrawn to the extent of £ XXX which Lloyds wants repaid?

(B) You are reclaiming £ YYY.

© If your claim is successful, your debit balance will be reduced by them from £ XXX to £ (XXX minus YYY).

(D) "Other than that" , i.e. until the above claim is decided, we will stop pressing for your overdraft reduction (unfortunate that they have also confusingly started to use the word "reclaim" meant in a different sense).

If that is what is meant, this Lloyds letter writer should certainly fail GCSE English and be sent back to school after writing one hundred lines.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I doubt if using your website will solve the noncommunication problem. There are at least a dozen of you individuals all facing the same imminent Lloyds showdown, and all separately reinventing the wheel, usernames not even known to one other, let alone thread addresses -- twelve ships that pass in the night without sighting one another.

One index thread established in common wiould at least establish one meeting room, to facilitate quick info exchange. The Mods would have more appetite for answering once, not twelve times. The Lloyds Forum would seem the logical place, but the sudden impact of Kevin v Lloyds probably impacts more than Lloyds litigants. Basically anybody who goes to court from now on, can no longer count on the opponent running away.

Mistermind, no, I'm not overdrawn on my account, due to having struggled and struggled on a reducing overdraft. Made up of charges. There is literally nothing that could possibly be deducted from my award should I recieve it!

I'm guessing this is the case but am at a loss what to do next- should I call them to clarify this point in case they have wrongly recorded sending me a settlement and try to deduct it from my claim?

With such muddle on the other side (even accidentally triggering a judgment in court), yes I think it would be wise go into print pointing out their error and requesting confirmation they have NOT offered settlement or stuffed money into your account.

If there were any more muddle between the Lloyds left and right hands in future (like their saying they sent you a £750 offer letter but you did not have the courtesy of a reply) you could then show the judge and the world that you have gone the last mile and done everything.

There is of course the potential ambiguity of "Silence being construed as consent" -- that if you did not protest, you have not disagreed.

How's this for a template?

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

Ref: X

Dear Mr X

Thank you for your letter dated ******* 2007.

I write with reference to paragraph 3 of the letter dated ******* 2007 stating that "If you are successful in your claim, this figure will be deducted from any award that may be made. Other than this, we will not be making any attempt to reclaim this money."

I request that you re-clarify this statement be return of post as soon as possible. As you can see from the attached statements covering the period 1st February - 24th May, my account has not been credited with any funds from Lloyds TSB, nor have I recieved any notification whatsoever that any money will be credited to my account. Please could you therefore advise exactly what figure/monies you are referring to in the quoted statement above, and confirm that as is clearly visible from the account, you have not attempted to credit my account or offer settlement?

I look forward to your prompt response.

Yours sincerely

AngelCat

Input, please, ASAP as I plan to post this off tomorrow.

Ta!

A mere suggestion from a hairsplitter, lol ..........

How's this for a template?

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

Your Ref: X

Dear Mr X

Thank you for your letter dated ******* 2007, a photocopy of which I enclose.

I write with reference to paragraph 3 of the letter dated ******* 2007 stating -- "If you are successful in your claim, this figure will be deducted from any award that may be made. Other than this, we will not be making any attempt to reclaim this money."

I request that you clarify by return of post what "this figure" and "this money" refers to.

As you can see from my Lloyds account statements enclosed, covering the period 1st February 2007 to 24th May 2007, that as of today NO LLOYDS MONEYS have been paid into my account in relation to my reclaims for unlawful charges. Neither have I ever recieved any written communication from Lloyds that "this figure" or any other figure will be paid by Lloyds into my account in future.

Yours sincerely

AngelCat

Input, please, ASAP as I plan to post this off tomorrow.

Ta!

I take it no-one agrees with my idea of sending a pic of Gary Coleman avec catchphrase to TSB?

Found all relevant addresses.

Will post all utilised resources in this thread- in fact I'll edit the first thread to include them or at least links to them.

Preparing information.

Feeling a bit more confident- I think because Lloyds have just PROVEN how disinterested in this they really are.

Right, moving this post back to the front page for a little attention and communication with others in this situation,

Today I'm printing two letters to send off tomorrow,

1: The letter outlined above to Lloyds asking what they mean by monies (ie, are you daft?)

2: The letter found at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/3122-nationwide-first-lloyds-last-3.html#post214506 to [problem], (brilliant name for a legal organisation I think) attempting to "narrow the issues" considering that they seem to want the courts to believe they're eager to settle (sure, sure, we believe you).

Luck, luck, wish me luck, peoples!

PS

There's some blither on the letter I printed for [problem]- about "I have a list of cases that are settled"- can anyone provide these if they ask for them- I might just delete that bit of the whatsit.

Hi

There is a list here of all the settled claims:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/64871-spreadsheet-claims.html

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Wow, that spreadsheet is fantastic, thanks!

Printer died a death would only print in blue and green so I'm having to get everything photocopied- which means I'll be sending things over tomorrow morning. (recorded delivery, kthx)

Ooh, I'm getting all excited...

Excellent Barty. I've just had my CAG account promoted (don't know why?) and I hadn't seen that spreadsheet.

Always good to see you and the other regulars around (I can have a lie down in a dark room now ):D

BTW Where's Curlychic gone?

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

Excellent Barty. I've just had my CAG account promoted (don't know why?) and I hadn't seen that spreadsheet.

Always good to see you and the other regulars around (I can have a lie down in a dark room now ):D

BTW Where's Curlychic gone?

Hi

I'm always around somewhere;) I can't keep off this site.

I think because you have posted 200 times, that you have been promoted.

I was thinking the same thing about Curlychic the other day:confused:

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi, didn't she just win? I'd have thought she's either on her jollies or from what I remember of being a nurse, at work, all the time!

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

I think you're right. She is still around. I'll PM her to save us hijacking this thread (sorry angelcat but curlychic has been a great help to loads of people on this site)

Oh and I'll send love and kisses from all at CAG

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

Hi everyone .... I'm still here ... lol

Been really busy landscaping my back garden and working.

Thanks for all the kind words guys n gals.

Nice to know i was being missed.

:p

Sorry ... hyjack over

XxXxX

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

Hijacks are ok as long as they don't take over the thread completely- and I won't let that happen :)

I've posted (recorded) a letter to [problem], and copied that to the court also, and I've sent off the letter to Lloyds asking what figure they could possibly be referring to.

eee, I'm excited now... can't wait to not have a reply in the next 2 weeks then get a court date and get paid out the day before the court hearing... *rolls eyes*