MCO Help!!

Charlie V Cap One

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

After receiving a letter from Crap One saying that they will not refund the rest of my charges (£384) I now need to start MCO...although I do have some questions before I start!

I am planning to sit down and do the MCO tomorrow one thing that concerns me is that I will be going on holiday on the 17th June for two weeks, will this affect my claim?

Also I have noticed on threads that everyone is working out their intrest etc, do I need to use a partciular spreadsheet to do this and if so where can it be found? I thought that I just got online and did the MCO and the courts apply the 8% interest.

Just a little unsure of the exact procedure.:confused:

Is there any further costs to me when I do the MCO for anything else?

Sorry to for the endless questions...just figure I should get a better idea before the MCO stage.

Any advice would be fab.

Thanks!

Yes there is a spreadsheet for calculating your charges in the templates section of CAG. But it depends if you are going for the basic 8% interest when filing at court, or if you have been requesting Contractual interest from Day One of your claim. If you havent done contractual and are going for the simpler 8% version, then yes, the 8% needs to be shown as the interest figure when filing MCOL. Easy to work out, if you havent used the CAG templates spready, just calculate by taking each charge

i.e.

£20 charged on 1st July 2005 (work out how many days since that date to the date you are filing on MCOL, so for instance if its 700 days, you times the £20.00 x 0.00022, then times that x 700. That gives you the amount of interest 8% applicable to that charge only since its date of charge. Its easy really, but much better if youve used the templates/spreadies on here from day one. It calculates everything for you. Best of luck, and get filed asap, its a day closer to your money back then. Fendy xxx And at the end, yes you can claim your MCOL filing fee back when you win.

NATWEST BANK CLAIM - £16,100.00 WON

ABBEY BANK - £5500.00 WON

CAPITAL ONE VISA - £1800.00 WON

HUBBYS CAPITAL ONE VISA £2012.00 WON

TOTAL WON TO DATE: £25,400

*************************************************:D :D

NATWEST BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS- ONGOING

ABBEY BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS - ONGOING

YORKSHIRE BANK - AT SAR STATUS

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD - AT SAR STATUS

PLENTY MORE TO START LATER.

STRENGTH IS SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE IN LIFE, ITS A CONSCIOUS CHOICE YOU MAKE, YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH IT. YOU LEARN IT.:D :D

STRENGTH, YOURE NOT BORN WITH IT, YOU LEARN IT :confused:DUE TO WHAT LIFE DOES TO YOU. :)

Thanks for that it helps I still yet need to look at the spreadsheets.

I didn't think I had to enter anything on these sheets just thought it was a case of ticking 8% interest and just leaving it at that!

I am planning to leave the MCO for a week or so as I will be away and don't want to miss anything as I wont be able to action anything thought it would be best.

Thanks for all your help.