Natiowide - A (SMALL) Victory!!!!!

Megellen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought we'd share a victory with you all.

My OH thought she'd get on the bandwagon and fired this short email, via her internet banking page, to NW complaints dept.

Bu88er me!! Charges just been credited back to her account after 6 days!!!!!!!

Makes me wonder what we're doing wrong?!!

'I write to ask for repayment of bank charges deducted from my account between 20 November 2006 and 25 February 2007. Details of these charges are itemised below:

24/11/2006 Unpaid Direct Debit Fee £30.00

25/11/2006 Unpaid Direct Debit Fee £30.00

24/02/2007 Interest Charge £00.02

I have a Flexaccount with you, primarily for the receipt of weekly maintenance payments of £80.00 per week. The above charges, as can be easily calculated, total over 75% of one weeks maintenance payment.

I have one direct debit on the account for £8.91 per month for pet insurance to Tesco Insurance.

On two occasions in this period, the direct debits were returned as unpaid. Both occasions would have put my account less than £5 overdrawn (On 3rd October - £4.35 overdrawn for 3 days and on 1st November - £1.16 overdrawn for 2 days) and for less than a week each time. On these occasions, I feel totally let down and robbed by my bank.

There has been a lot of talk in the media and on discussion forums on the internet about unfair bank charges and people successfully claiming back thousands of pounds in charges from the banks and other financial institutions. I am not claiming thousands of pounds in unfair charges.

However, I am certain that the £30.00 charges applied to my account, do not represent your true costs in these matters and would therefore be obliged if, on this occasion, you would immediately reimburse these charges, totalling £60.02, to the above numbered Flexaccount.

Thank you in anticipation '

Hardly Malaga money, but every little helps!!!

Meg

Nationwide S.A.R. 31/03/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 09/05/07 Claiming £2792 LBA 23/05/07

MCOL filed 30/06/07

Barclaycard S.A.R. 03/04/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 11/06/07

Claiming £516.00 LBA Sent 03/07/07

Abbey S.A.R. 31/03/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 12/06/07 Claiming £1380 LBA 03/07/07

MBNA S.A.R. 31/03/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 12/06/07 Claiming £799 LBA 03/07/07

Waiting to do:- GE Capital Bank / M&S Money / Bristol & West / Capital One