T-mobile Tariff increase

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, just popped in from the Bank Charges forum 4 a change of scenery!

Ive been on T-Mobile "standard" tariff 4 about 10 yrs now and the reason being is that i only pay 5p a min to talk, but me and the boyfriend (whos on same tariff) have both received msgs saying that its now going up to 10p a min from july!!!! :mad:

Can they do this??? i thought that once u were on a tariff the charges stayed the same???

Pls can someone help as im in the mood for telling them 2 Shove off and we'll go elsewhere if need b!

Regards

Bonnie

Their terms will likely allow a change to your prices if they give notice. Usually you can either accept the charges or get out of contract (if contract) or change network or tariff (if PAYG)

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Thanx Dave, tho i was rather hoping there was a clause somewhere that said they couldnt DOUBLE their prices!!!

I know theres only a few of us left on this tariff and they want us off of it, but until someone else tells me different i guess i'll have 2 look elsewhere!

Regards

Bonnie:(

They can charge whatever they like (and generally vary contract conditions when they want), and you can vote with your feet by moving to a different provider. The amount networks charge each other for terminating calls has recently gone up, so that might have precipitated it (if you phone someone on another network, their network now charges T-Mobile more per minute for the privilege...)

Mates rates is still 5p/min to other T-Mobile users.

Yep - it's just them trying to shut down a particular tariff. Unless it was advertised as a '5p calls for life' you wouldn't have much success in retaining it. When launched as One 2 One their 1st tariff offered free calls to landlines for life - the tariff is still active, but nobody can sign up to it anymore. These SIM cards sell for a LOT of money!

Hi again buzby

I was on the first Mercury 121 taffif, it was great at the time. At 7pm there was a mad rush for the mobile to make the free calls. When I moved house the only place I could get a good reception at 7pm was in the middle of the garden. Not too clever in mid winter!

They got rid of most of us by increasing the price of the tariff, I think they put it up by £3 which was a lot at the time. Then they offered an upgrade phone for free, which was never on offer with 121, along with cheaper price plans with set minutes much as we know now.

They were good old days!

Thank u all for replying!!!! Guess we'll b voting with our feet, but can anyone reccomend a similar tariff ie: 5p a min to call... with any other network??? was thinkin going to O2 but still unsure?

Thanking u in advance

Bonnie:p

Thank u all for replying!!!! Guess we'll b voting with our feet, but can anyone reccomend a similar tariff ie: 5p a min to call... with any other network??? was thinkin going to O2 but still unsure?

Thanking u in advance

Bonnie:p

Three are offering until the end of this month £15 per month "for Life" with 500 anytime cross net minutes = 3p per minute.

Best package depends on how many minutes you need per month....