Lloyds....MMmm...

SPCK111

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

After some info really…I had a bank account with Lloyds in the early ninety’s and the account was closed in 1995….Some years ago I was approached by Lloyds who stated that I owed then 4000 in debt …I had just applied for a new job and in order to get the job I couldn’t have any outstanding debts etc…I agreed to pay them 15 pounds a month with a view to sorting it out later…But life took over and I forgot all about it…I recently changed accounts and saw that I was still paying Lloyds by direct debit…I eventually decided to sort it out and sent a DPA letter to Lloyds debt recovery. After about 35 days…typical!!....I received a letter from the copy statement unit saying the account number didn’t exist…I photocopied the only two sheets pf paper I have from Lloyds referring to this debt and stated they the copy statement unit should contact the debt recovery people and see exactly whats going on and I wanted to know exactly where this debt had come from and the calculation ending up in the total..I stated that I didn’t think this was an unreasonable request and until this is done I will not be making any more payments..

I haven’t heard back from them yet but the Lloyds debt recovery people have phoned ..refused to give me any details about the account…not even the original account number and said if I didn’t pay I would be taken to court tried to explain to them about the letters I had sent etc but they just hung up..…Came home today and solicitors letter saying that if I didn’t pay in seven days then CCJ etc..

Phoned Solicitors …explained and they agreed to delay until Lloyds come back to me…

Also phoned customer services last week and after 2 ½ hrs !!! spoke to someone who took all the details and phoned debt recovery while I was on the phone…Even she said they were very rude to here and wouldn’t supply the account details to her…Said she would get back to me in 72 hrs….but 6 days later and still nothing…

Now….Where do I stand with the DPA request as the account has been closed for 12 years!!!

And I take it they need to prove that I owe them money really…..thats all I ask!!

Help!!!!!

Well...eventually their response arrived along today...They cant supply any documents regarding this outstanding debt as it is so old....but say as I have been paying it off for so long then I have admitted liability...b*ll...*x I say....mmm sorry

As a GOGW they will reduce the outstanding amount to 1000 pounds...

I have spoken to the FOS who state they must keep all information about accounts which are still active...ie still repaying debt etc..

They are now looking into it as that was LLoyds final response and I made a formal complaint ...

I have also asked FOS to apply for a copy of any SIGNED credit agreement in place as Lloyds are stating this is a probably a loan ...get that, probably...think they'd know wouldnt you.

DKH

Thats the thing...I never took out a loan I know that ...but I still don't know where the total amount outstanding comes from and they cant tell me...????