• Tweets

• I managed  to get through to northants bulk today, spoke to a lady who told me after taking my details,the case no, my address etc, that it's not one of their cases? She then asked me if I knew the total amount ,I said no.   She asked regarding the claimants name, after which she enquired as to what letter & form I had been sent, and what court had sent it.   She then informed me that because it was my local county court ( manchester) who are dealing with it they're the ones I will have to go through as she'll be " limited as to what she'll be able to say".    I have her my reasons why I've called ie obtain a copy of the judgement and the claim form, she said " the claim form when it was initially issued is not something we can send out again,but the court will be able to send you case details & I'll be able to get them through my local court,they're will be a £10 fee for copies of documents but I'll need to go through Manchester county court who have the case file"    I asked if Manchester Will have the claim form? She said no as the claim form can't be reproduced,but I'll be able to get case details which will have the information which would have been in the claim form. They will have the particulars of claim, which will tell you what the claim was about.   I asked if their is any way I can get the claim form, she responded with " the claim form can't be reproduced" but you can get case details which will the information that would have been on the claim form through Manchester county court, and a copy of the judgement will come from there too,as they are dealing with it now.   She told me the case was initially at a different county court (name indistinguishable due to bad connection) and is not a case they've dealt with, and they (northants bulk) only deal with online claims?  And mine was a manual claim, so I'm to contact Manchester,as I need to go to them direct.    So I'm kind of lost now in terms of what steps to take next.     In regards to what date was on the bailiffs letter he left it blank, and only filled in the area underneath which asked for " ref " which he filled in with one letter and one number.     Hi there   Yes I'm thinking of crossing out what I've filled in on the form and ask for a suspension on this matter as I've been the victim of identity fraud. It must have been someone from one of my temporary abodes as I did have mail sent to a couple of the addresses.   Yes I'll definitely be calling northants bulk on Monday as a matter of urgency, and will post off the form the same day too.   I'm not sure what date is on the form but I will definitely check once I'm home and update you on here.   Thank you for clarifying the abbreviation.    Hi ,just to ask, would I still be subject to the 8 day reply thing,as he's not put a date on the letter,and would you have any idea why he did that.    Many thanks
    • Hi, I managed to get through to northants bulk today, spoke to a lady who told me after taking my details,the case no, my address etc, that it's not one of their cases? She then asked me if I knew the total amount ,I said no.   She asked regarding the claimants name, after which she enquired as to what letter & form I had been sent, and what court had sent it.   She then informed me that because it was my local county court ( manchester) who are dealing with it they're the ones I will have to go through as she'll be " limited as to what she'll be able to say".    I have her my reasons why I've called ie obtain a copy of the judgement and the claim form, she said " the claim form when it was initially issued is not something we can send out again,but the court will be able to send you case details & I'll be able to get them through my local court,they're will be a £10 fee for copies of documents but I'll need to go through Manchester county court who have the case file"    I asked if Manchester Will have the claim form? She said no as the claim form can't be reproduced,but I'll be able to get case details which will have the information which would have been in the claim form. They will have the particulars of claim, which will tell you what the claim was about.   I asked if their is any way I can get the claim form, she responded with " the claim form can't be reproduced" but you can get case details which will the information that would have been on the claim form through Manchester county court, and a copy of the judgement will come from there too,as they are dealing with it now.   She told me the case was initially at a different county court (name indistinguishable due to bad connection) and is not a case they've dealt with, and they (northants bulk) only deal with online claims?  And mine was a manual claim, so I'm to contact Manchester,as I need to go to them direct.    So I'm kind of lost now in terms of what steps to take next.     In regards to what date was on the bailiffs letter he left it blank, and only filled in the area underneath which asked for " ref " which he filled in with one letter and one number.     Hi there   Yes I'm thinking of crossing out what I've filled in on the form and ask for a suspension on this matter as I've been the victim of identity fraud. It must have been someone from one of my temporary abodes as I did have mail sent to a couple of the addresses.   Yes I'll definitely be calling northants bulk on Monday as a matter of urgency, and will post off the form the same day too.   I'm not sure what date is on the form but I will definitely check once I'm home and update you on here.   Thank you for clarifying the abbreviation. 
    • Meet the online content creators beating the odds to build successful careers from their passions.View the full article
    • As many smaller energy providers go bust, bigger firms appear to be keen to cash in.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

bARCLAYCARD CONFUSION

bluetack

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can help me with this please.

I took up the fight with barclaycard on behalf of my son who was a uni student when he was given the card. He had a £500 limit but did not keep up payments and defaulted in 2005. He received nasty letters from Lowell financial in april 2007 for barclaycard debt of 949.00 (449.00 must be charges). I sent CCA and SAR requests on 23rd April. Have had statements back from 2004, rest to follow in six weeks, but no Credit agreement ( I needed this to prove he was paying PPI from the age of 18 and a student, therefore not employed).

The problem I have is on the last statement. It reads like this:

30 Mar CHRGOFF PURCH FEES 387.35

30 Mar CHRGOFF CADV UNPD FIN CH. 1.62

30 Mar CHRGOFF PRCH UNPD FIN CH 117.93

30 Mar CHRGOFF CADV PRIN BAL M 17.89

30 Mar CHRGOFF PRCH PRIN BALM 479.44

TOTAL OF NEW TRANSACTIONS 1004.23 CR

Present bal £0.00

Credit Limit £0.00

Min Payment Due £0.00

Looks to me like he owes nothing, but I have to be reading it wrong.

Can anyone explain this please??

Thanks in advance.

Blue

Looks to me as though they sold the debt to Lowell financial and closed the account.

However, I am just starting my claim against Barclaycard, so wait until someone who has more experience with them comes along to help.

Good luck :)

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

The charge off basically means you no longer owe money to barclaycard - they have written the debt off so to speak. However, the company that bought the debt will now chase you, although they still need to provide you with the CCA agreement.

I cannot see how Lowells could have bought this debt as on the statements provided by Barclaycard the debt still belonged to them up to 30 March 07.

I sent CCA request to barclaycard on 26th March and they have not sent it, also sent CCA to Lowells on 23rd April but they replied that it would take them longer than 12 days to obtain this from Barclaycard, also, have not had a letter that debt has been assigned to Lowells.

I'm not quite sure where to go from here. My original intention was to prove that the debt was mainly unfair charges and mis-selling of PPI (student), this way I might have been able to get the defaults removed from my sons credit file. He is desperately trying to get a mortgage to buy a flat. If this debt has been written off I might open a can of worms by persuing the charges. My head hurts!!

Just follow the guidelines on here and SAR and CCA Barclaycard and the DCA (Lowells) - Stick to your timetable and don't let them fob you off telling you that blah blah will take longer to comply with.

Let them take longer. They don't make the law and when they break it, issue a claim for non-compliance and damages.

It's pretty obvious to me that if they have mis-sold PPI and applied unlawful charges, then any defaults they have registered would be incorrect and would be removed.

Just keep calm and follow the procedure, you'll get what you're after.

Ask on here if you need any more advice, the more experienced users will help if and when you need it. But you need to start the ball rolling with SAR and CCA requests.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Got the same letter today as part of my SAR reply. Looks like Barclaycard have sold my debt to Credit Solutions LTD. Do C.S.L. have the legal right to pursue this through the courts as i thought my C.C.A. was with Barclaycard. ????

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

• 1 month later...

I have this same problem - so if Barclaycard have sold off my debt, why am I paying them a set amount each month I wonder - and why have no debt companies contacted me?

Would be interested to hear what's happened to your account Tonycee.

Nice of Barclaycard to let me know!!!

Barclaycard sent all statements.

Debt was for about £920 and sold to Lowells.

Received 'application for credit instead of CCA from lowells.

Just wrote them nice letter claiming back charges etc which totals just over £1,000 so have billed them for £80!!!

Lets see if they pay up!