• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

MattHoy vs HSBC C/C ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hope I am doing this right by starting a thread with this title? I have 2 claims going at the moment. The first is against HSBC credit card, only for £100, I thought they would make me an initial offer of around half this which I would of been willing to accept but they offered me nothing so have : Started my claim with MCOL, got a court date for local court of 29/06 and sent DG 3 nudge letters all without reply!! I am a bit worried as I made a couple of mistakes on the MCOL form, firstly stating the reason as 'Illegal bank charges' rather than unlawful and then not filling in the particulars of claim correctly. I sent a letter to MCOL with the correct particulars of claim and asked them to file this with my case, do you think this will be OK?

Think I might start a seperate thread for my other charges or might get wires crossed. Thanks in advance, Matt

what did the court say about your amended particulars - usually they require them to be done on an N244 at a cost of £35 - did they get back to you about them? be sure you are sending the corrected ones to dg with your nudges -

yes, start a different thread in this forum if you are doing another claim - it gets too complicated!

Thanks for the reply, the court didnt get back to me about the amended particulars and I havent included them in the nudges to DG, I just sent them in a letter to MCOL, and after just reading thru that letter I dont mention that they are the new particulars of claim, I have just put 'please file this letter with my case'!! Am I too late to amend the particulars now as I have a court date set? I am doing a claim for the wife as well against Barclays and did the same procedure as above so that might be a problem as well?!?!? Uh Oh, worried now....

sorry, didn't mean to worry you - but it happens -

if the p o c isn't right - i'm thinking you will get what a couple on here have had which is a sort of fix it up or we'll not look at it.

when i said send the corrected one's i really meant the breakdown to dg - they will see the poc's and if they defend on the basis that your poc's are not good - you'll soon know. so let it ride for the moment.

Thanks, I will send that out today with another nudge. Just looking thru some of the paperwork I have, and on OHs Barclays defence form it states - 'The particulars of claim do not provide details of the account in question or the precise charges alleged to have been unlawful, or the date thereof.' But there is nothing along those lines on my defence form!

I included these in the letter I sent to MCOL (which does say -

Please find enclosed further information to be processed with claim number xxxx and served on the defendant HSBC Bank Plc.) so do you know if a copy of this will be sent to DG as I included 2 copies of the letter as well as 3 copies of the charge dates etc.

Just amended my nudge letter to say - Please find enclosed another copy of my schedule of charges relating to the claim as well as a letter sent to MCOL to be processed with my claim, regarding the particulars of claim.

Do you think this will be OK or should I try and get the actual particulars of claim on the claim form amended?

that's interesting and i'm not sure what to say - i still think if your poc isn't up to scratch dc will defend on that basis, but you've sent an amended one (just not officially) and the court refers to it. On the basis that any amendment has to be served by the claimant to the defendent - i think you should send DG a copy of the new particulars with your letter and make reference to it in your letter like as you say: Please find enclosed another copy of my schedule of charges relating to the claim as well as a letter sent to MCOL to be served to the defendent regarding the particulars of claim.

that's what i think should happen - but wait until you hear from a moderator - i'll try to get one to take a look this evening.

You are going to need to formally amend your claim - this will require an N244 Application Notice. A letter to MCOL is not sufficient.

Look here for details on how to do this, half way down post #1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/47344-claim-too-vague-defence.html

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

• 2 weeks later...

Another quick update. After completing the new POC the wife has received an offer for the full amount!! She is with Barclays but thought I would post it in here as this is where I got the advice to redo the POC. Still waiting to hear from DG about my claim but fingers crossed. Massive thanks for all the advice.:D

Well done, congratulations to your wife and I am sure yours will not be too long in coming either.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

No, they will not, look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/75993-re-hsbc-no-q.html - post #20, you will see a link to a PDF file - they are for HSBC dating back to 2004.

you're right matt - i don't think these are the same as for credit cards - why not pm a mod to ask if they have any for cc

in fact - pm hsbcrusher - he will know if the credit card t & c's are different and if they have them.

Am I not right in thinking that there is a section in the normal T&C's that mentions the use of credit cards?

I remember reading it in there somewhere! If not I think you may aswel send some as none at all! I doubt they even read this stuff anyway!

doesn't anybody have a copy of terms and conditions for a credit card??????

somebody must have them!!!!

come on - he needs them.

freaky, i read right through and it mentions cards - but it is debit cards.

somebody will come through with them.

Woo Hoo I WON!!! With a week to go till court I have had a letter offering me the full amount (only £130, but it all helps). Firstly massive thanks to everyone for your help, you really helped calm the nerves and due to some mistakes I made at the beginning of the claim doubt I would have won if it wasnt for your help and advice.

Im not sure how to change this to a case won so if someone can let me know I will change the title.

Thanks again and I hope my other 2 claims go as well. :D :D :D