Greetings - Im new ere!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good day all, Having just registered I am eager to learn & am currently busy studying all the topics. Main interest is getting my bank charges back. Ive been successful with Woolwich already, 3 letters & hey presto best part £1500 knocked off a mortgage for late payment fees & interest. Now Im trying with halifax bank for the return of just £171 plus interest for bank charges - £30/£39 each time for unpaid direct debit fees. To date (started in Jan 07) I have written 4 times now, they only acknowledged 1st letter & offered just £32. Rejected it, started the court process last friday as their deadline came & went. No i suppose its where the hard work begins. Anyways, have a nice day all

Well done. You seem to be making progress. It's a bit of a waiting game and you'll need to be persistent. Halifax knows that these charges won't stand up in court and you will eventually get your money back. If you haven't done so yet, you may need to open a new bank account just in case the bank tries to close your account.

Many thanks. I had the account closed for me by the kind folk at The Halifax Bank! Not worried as it was a secondary account tht wasnt used that much. I had the account since around the age of 15, it started life as a "cardcash" account & the Halifax "converted" it to a current account for me. Im now starting to research as to what the court bundle consists of. The amount due is just over 200quid, not a lot but its the principle of being charged £39 for a failed direct debit! Ive read the judgement details of the recent Birmingham case, I believe i wasnt provided with any "service" but we will see. I have a lot of reading to do!:D