• Tweets

• Thank you for your response. So the bit about being entitled to any VAT or PPI payments, are they entitled to this?
    • Thanks for your reply dx100uk appreciate your help. Is this the barred letter Updated Nov 19? So I not need to wait for agreement or send correspondence to Resolvecall? thanks 
    • the IVA failed that should have been the end of  however and i don't understand how, but you allowed them to take you to court and get some kind of judgement...whatever that was.??   typically it's 6yrs from the time you entered into the latterly failed IVA. unless whatever the court did varied that date. when an IVA fails everything is normally reset to as if it never happened bar payments made to creditors resetting your SB dates. you are better out of it anyway   most IVA's are designed to fail from the get go and simply feeds the practioners with ever increasing fees making sure little money ever gets off your debts but lines their own profit pockets     a week or 2 ago the FCA brought in new proposals or rules to combat these very pirates.   
    • exchanged the tent as they have offered and walk away.   move on.    
    • I took out an IVA in January 2012 however it failed and went to court in March 2013 due to unemployment.  I received a letter from them dated February 2015 with court information (as they took me to court) stating    ' Further to the failure of the Debtors' Individual Voluntary Arrangement, the Supervisor retained the power to deal with any pending PPI claims and recovery of VAT (where applicable).   Any potential PPI monies have been received by the Supervisor and distributed in accordance with the IVA proposal as modified. However, where further IVA assets, such as PPI are realised after completion of the IVA, these will be realised by the Supervisor acting as trustee of those assets which will be distributed in accordance with the IVA'.   I just need some clarification about this. How long does the Practitioner duties last and does this mean that any PPI claims that I may make in the future and awarded will go to the Practitioner for distribution?   Thank you for your help. 
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Nationwide Defence

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4875 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hiya..

Dont bale out!.. Nationwide have til next Sunday to file a defence in my claim.. there are plenty of people on here at the same stage.. just stick to it.. we are all in this together :)

Julie

Hi There,

I am in the same situ. Have just receieved notice of Acknowledgement of Service. This basically means that they have 28 days to file a defence.

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong but as the acknowledgement has now been received a schedule of charges needs to be sent to the acting solicitors. In Nationwides case it is Eversheds LLP (well according to my AOS)

Nationwide - S.A.R sent 3/1/07

Statements receieved 01/02/07

Pre Lim sent 10/02/07

LBA sent 25/02/07

MCOL Submitted 14/05/2007

Case Closed - Won from NW 14/06/2007

Lloyds TSB -

Prelim sent 30/04/07

LBA Sent 15/05/07

OHs Lloyds TSB

Pre Lim Sent 30/04/07

LBA Sent 15/05/07

T-Mobile - Prelim sent 8/1/07 **WON** 18/1/07

Capital One - Prelim sent 10/01/07

Offer letter receieved 29/01/07

Hi all,

I am also in the same situation, Nationwide have until 26/05/07 to file their defence to my claim, but todate, I haven't received any correspondence regarding it!

Keep you updated.

Hi Hills..

Which route did you use to file your claim?.. I used the N1 route.. I think if you filed using MCOL you have to send them out yes but as far as I am aware and someone correct me if im wrong.. if you filed using N1 then the courts will sort it out as you have to have 3 copies of your N1 and list of charges when you file..

note to Big T.. I too am exactly the same.. have yet to receive any notification from the courts.. Nationwide as I said have until 27th to file a defence.. and I only know this because I rang the courts to find out what was going on..

Good luck to us all in the coming weeks :)

Julie

Julien35 and big T. I also am in the same boat as you NW have until the 31st in my case to file a defence. Stick at it.

hills, as julien pointed out if you filled by N1 dont worry. If you filled by MCOL you need to send the schedule of charges to bothe the solicitors and MCOL. The templates are in the Templates libary.

Hi Guys

Thanks for that I will check the paperwork received from the solicitors tonight and will get back to you tomorrow, I whave already sent copies of the "evidence" to MCOL, what I'll do is check tonight and ask your advices tomorrow, cheers guys and POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!

Hiya Everyone,

I filed on the 14th May against Nationwide deemed served on th 16th not received Acknowledgment as yet but received yet another letter (the 3rd) last Saturday saying that they wouldn't be paying the charges Blah, Blah, Blah exactly the same as the other 2 letters received so they have til the 30th May to reply so will keep up updated.