Help composing letter to solicitor, please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or this?!! No it's the same isn't it? I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I've never used photobucket before. The preview coems up quite big. Is there another way to get it up. (...the photos!!)

On that note....

th_EGGAG1.jpg

th_EGGAG2.jpg

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

I was having the same trouble yesterday. I ended up scanning and saving as 'word' docs and then uploading.

I noticed that next to the 'submit reply' box is a 'preview post' box clicking hear gives you chance to see if it works first. It took me about two hours and about 20 attempts, so I understand your frustration.

I am lucky my daughter was home or I may have still been trying. She charged me a tenner though.

Hi Darren! Your post did make me laugh :D . Well, hopefully if she's that on the ball with money she won't end up on here looking for help 'cause she hasn't got any! Good on her.

For some reason i haven't been able to scan it as a word agreement but i'm going to try again tomorrow with a fresh head.

Best wishes.

:p Thankyou for the motivation Darren. I decided to have one last crack from Word. I think i tried to do it from the scan control program last time.

I expect everyone's gone to bed now - that's where i'm going! Hopefully someone will have a look tomorrow. It's all the lines on it that make me wonder if it's ok.

EGG AG FINALLY.doc

Well, hopefully if she's that on the ball with money she won't end up on here looking for help 'cause she hasn't got any! Good on her.

both my kids are on the ball with money - problem is its usually mine!

then again, to me, they are more deserving than the DCA's

good luck with the scanning

Thanks for trying PriorityOne. My computer's ancient and my technical knowledge is none existent - not a good combination. Would it not let you open the file from its current location? Don't worry, it's a palava!!! :)

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=812290

Okay Guy's,

I have received the first response to my letters, it is from DL&C and a very swift reply at that.

"Dear AC

Further to your recent correspondence.

I can confirm following receiving yout letter of the 3rd May 2007 your account has been place on hold and your letter forwarded to our clients Egg Banking.

Yours sincerely

Mrs L E Clarke

Egg Team Leader".

AC

The above long thread (read last page) shows the right letter to Egg CAN stop debt collector and solicitors independently getting too frantic and carried away. One word from Egg and everything will calm down. If interested, you could PM Angry Cat to clarify what wording produced the calming effect.

The ultimate threat is a CCJ. I am a little sceptical about CCJ's post 5th April 2006, anybody who knows about them could comment. To obtain a CCJ the creditor needs to show up in county court, where a claimant can say 40% of the debt is made up of unlawful charges.

No way does Egg or any other card want a judgment recorded in Small Claims court confirming their penalty charges as unlawful, so why would Egg seek such a judgment in county court. They could always deduct the charges from the balance they claim. But anybody would then be able to publicize this via BBC and the press, as Egg's implicit concession that penalty charges are unlawful.

Anybody who knows about the count of CCJ's obtained within the past year please comment. Whether this tally has fallen off a cliff.

Yes, TomTerm8 i do get the hint :p ! So i am right to assume that for this loan agreement they should have asked me to sign both pages and also a full list of terms and conditions.

I am reading around the threads now to see what the correct wording for a letter to send is. Thank you Mistermind for the Angry Cat tip. I read her thread (it took a while!) and she has had a hell of a battle. She has doen so well :cool: . I will try to attract her attention - i feel a bit uncomfortable sending a PM being a newbie.

Does anyone know what my chances are of recovering information regarding the original card account is, as i do not have any account nos.? Are Egg likely to say they can't help? I took the card out in 2002 but converted it to a loan in 2005 because at the time it seemed to be the cheaper option. Unfortunately i threw the card details away last year - i knew there was a reason for hoarding!! I'm planning to attempt to gain the info. regarding both the card and loan under 1 S.A.R request to be posted tomorrow.

Thank you for replying :) Please keep throwing any useful bits of info my way - i need all the help i can get, but will try to learn as quick as i can x

Does anyone know what my chances are of recovering information regarding the original card account is, as i do not have any account nos.?

Won't be a problem - although Egg will probably ask you for i.d.

They are required to keep records going back 5 years by the Inland Revenue for tax, etc. Most companies keep records for at least 6 years due to the Inland Revenue being usually a bit behind.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Many people obtained SAR in spite of not having old account numbers, in fact I have not ever read of anybody being given the runaround. Egg almost certainly can access accounts live and obsolete, by customer name. If your name is John Smith it helps if your address has not changed, but even if it has they can pinpoint you by your DOB.

The very helpful Cat is Angry with the card, not with you, and I am sure she is very ready to share info, being a few steps ahead of you. Looks like you are more concerned with capping the fervour of debt collectors than winning back penalty charges. That's nothing unusual either.

If you want to read up on any subject, click

SEARCH, ADVANCED SEARCH,

then input content keyword or author name,

searching either thread title or contents.

Also possible to reduce the return by specifying both keyword and author.

By the way, how did you manage to attach a Word file inside your posting a few entries above?

GL.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

Thank you everyone for your help. It all helps so much. I shall start making myself known to all those further down this long road...and keep reading!

I do want to follow up charges from original credit card, because they can go towards reducing balance. Like everyone else, i want to pay - i just haven't got the money to do it!! For me, if the DCA don't produce a proper CCA it just gives me some breathing space. And god it's good to have the upper hand over them for a change :lol: !

Mistermind re scanning word document (does that mean you can see it ok?) - I went into word to start with, clicked insert - picture - scan - save. Then when i clicked on 'post reply' here i went to manage attachments and used the browse for file from computer section, looked for the file i'd saved in word and uploaded. Any tips on getting full size docs uploaded from blinking photobucket? I spent so much time trying to figure that out - as you can see from above, i failed miserably!

Best wishes everyone. Keep in touch :)

:lol: Ha Ha!! :lol: I've done it - woo hoo! Thanks to the advice to look at Dave's thread i found simple instructions for pasting info from p'bucket. It was really bugging me not being able to do it 'proper'. I knew i'd read how to do it somewhere but couldn't remember where.

And , yes, i know, little things...

NOW you can really chuck your opinions at me. I want to respond to Arc as soon as i can with regards to their "make payment in 7 days" demand, which they made when they sent the above agreement, but i want to get it right.

Fingers crossed someone can guide me :rolleyes:

Is there any more to the agreement document? It doesn't show the charge for interest.

It shows amount of loan as £3716

Repayments 84 x £62.51 (this totals £5250.84)

Clearly there is an interest charge plus perhaps other charges on top and I understood these should be included in the signature document.

Thank you AC i shall keep dipping in to see if there's any follow up - much appreciated :) .

Joneshousehold you are right. I'd done a quick tally myself this morning with the figures - numbers aren't my strong point, but i can't get a figure of 5250.84 :idea: even if i play with the 10.9% or 10.43%. The 2 pages i have scanned are all that i've been sent.

I read standingupformyself v MBNA this morning. Corn advised her to claim charges first and then use the improperly executed agreement to remove a default. This makes sense. I can't not acknowledge the debt if i'm claiming charges can i? I have 3200 and something outstanding on this debt (:o ouch - it hurts saying these figures out loud doesn't it?!).

I'm thinking i should:

resend my budget sheet and offer of payment to the DCA

disregard the agreement (for now)

await statements from OC (I've requested them for both the original card and the loan)

Any thoughts? I'd still appreciated views on the agreement - i'm trying to gain a general concensus :)

Another BCW update:

received a 3rd letter today, again saying they need to talk to me urgently. No mention of the CCA request they received on 19.05.07. I have noticed my balance has been reduced by 1.00 - HOW RUDE!! I'm not responding to this one, i'm just sitting and waiting.

I can't not acknowledge the debt if i'm claiming charges can i?

Correct.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.