Help composing letter to solicitor, please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:mad: Last night i made an online payment to Egg. I could log in, make a payment but couldn't look at details of loan. I sent a secured message asking why.

I've just had the response - they've terminated the acc. it's with a DCA :mad:

I've e-mailed back asking for an explanation as to why. I've been making the payment shown online and each month i've paid a bit off the arrears which i paid off last night.

Pointed out i've had no notification of it being passed on.

Since allowing me online access again, Egg have never written to ask me to make payments, i've done it off my own back, even whilst the charges were being disputed.

Any advice or comments?

It really is a rollercoaster this malarkey isn't it?

Woo hoo! Hadn't received a response from Egg re this last email. Thought i'd just check my acc. anyway and i now have full access again. A direct debit has been set up at the same manageable payment with 0% interest. No DCA to have to fob off again.

I'm pleased because pre-CAG i would have just accepted it.

:D

• Haha 2

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Good on ya Hopeful1 :D

As you say, pre-CAG you would not have fought back! Long live CAG its the best!!!

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Thank you to the anonymous person who gave me a 'click' last night ;)

No post today, so nothing to moan about! :D:p

• Haha 1

and me too! for all your wonderful advice and kind thoughts xxx

((((hugs)))

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

YAY!!! :D

Have one from me too, you well deserve it :)

and me too! for all your wonderful advice and kind thoughts xxx

((((hugs)))

Love SG x

Ahh, thank you. You've made me feel very special :)

Well, you'll never guess what - i had a message on mobile today to "ring your bank, this is not a sales or promotional call". All afternoon i've been gutted as i thought Barclays had got hold of my no.

Anyway, did 141 and rang no. It was Halifax (my parachute acc.) APPARENTLY someone in the Phillipines has been tryingto pay for goods on my card. There is a lot of fraud connected to that country at the moment so Halifax stopped all transactions. I've either used a dodgy cash point or a retail / garage with dodgy staff :eek:

So beware!

I don't mean to be playing devil's advocate here, but could you still receive something from a DCA about your Egg account? I know that they have given you access again, and no interest (yay!), but without something in writing from Egg to prove that they accept this, how would you then deal with another DCA? Just a thought....sounds good in the meantime, and recommend contintuing as you were by paying - make sure no late payments!

Red

I don't mean to be playing devil's advocate here, but could you still receive something from a DCA about your Egg account? I know that they have given you access again, and no interest (yay!), but without something in writing from Egg to prove that they accept this, how would you then deal with another DCA? Just a thought....sounds good in the meantime, and recommend contintuing as you were by paying - make sure no late payments!

Red

Hello my little devil! I am conscious that a DCA could pop up. The thing is, this is how Egg have behaved everytime i've queried their actions except for the charges.

In the summer when i questioned the behaviour of ARC they suddenly allowed me access to the site, after 18 months of being blocked. I've heard nothing from ARC for a long time. I am hoping Egg can see the payments are being made regularly, i also think the fact i paid off the arrears has helped. The arrears accumalated at the beginning as i waited for Egg to respond and say yes! pay us directly. They didn't so i did anyway!

As for another DCA, i would probably just write to say i'm paying Egg directly so bug off! I did this with DLC who tried to collect on an Orange acc. I have now paid that debt off using online bill payment at £5 per week directly to Orange. Again i heard nothing from DLC once i started doing this. I have written to Orange to ask them to confirm the acc. is paid in full.

:)

Ahh, that is good news then Hopeful1, I wasn't feeling toooo devillish ;)

Is this an example of Egg realising that they probably would not appear in a very good light if they keep palming you off elsewhere to their trolls, seeing as you are constantly (when access allows) paying them, and not only that but querying Egg each time they deviate from you repaying them the money?!

I am of the same opinion as you (my case with Barclaycard is similar to yours), and that if you make the repayments as to what you can afford, then you are showing willing, rather than the burying the head in the sand technique. Therefore the OC in some respects has some common sense (OMG what am i saying...am I actually giving credit where it is not due?), by accepting payments, after all, something is better than nothing!

Great stuff, and glad that you have previous experience to pull from!

Didnt want to rock the boat, but wanted to try and fore guess what may happen next!

Red

You weren't rocking the boat. If i hadn't thought of it i would have appreciated you making me think about it!! :D

I hope you're not crossing over to the dark side Red! Seriously, you are right about making it difficult for them by sticking to payment arrangements. The best is with Egg, they'd automatically set the payment up at half of what it was before it defaulted, which is ideal for me!

You should show your devilish side more often - it suits you :p

Ha ha ha Hopeful1. No dark side here! I guess that being on this site just makes me think a lot more (which is more dangerous than devillish!)

Like the half payments, and hope that this is not Eggs devious side to then send your debt off again, saying that you are not honouring the "full" payments. I think that i will be quiet now!

Shhhh Red xx

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

Just thought i'd update. Things are fairly quiet with most of me debts. I have a few battles i need to fight, but haven't had the energy. I hope to start with some more letter writing this week.

Barclays are a nusiance with both my loan and bank acc. With regards to the latter FOS are looking at it for me as B'clays continually ignore my payment offers and the debt is quickly escalating with charges and interest. I am making the payments online anyway.

Today i've had another letter from B'clays telling me the acc. balance is still outstanding - tellme something i don't know. They really are irritating. I shall write again to ask why do they choose to ignore all correspondence and waste so much time reprinting the same letters.

If anyone ever says that people like me get into debt on purpose, please send them to me. This life is not the easy option. Creditors seem to want to make it as hard as possible for people to get out of it as well. I am begging B'clays to accept a payment offer and they are still threatening me with 'further action'.

Hey ho, another day, another letter :D

I would like to wish everyone on this site a Very, Happy New Year. Huge thanks to all those who have helped me so far or thanked me for saying saying something useful (it happens occasionally!).

Let 2008 bring us all some peace ;)

• Haha 1

This seems to be the way Barclays carry on with everyone.... presumably to worry people about escalating figures and in doing so, to try and pay more than they can afford to. :mad:

Barclays are trying ths one on me at the moment and are about to get a bog off letter and a CCA request for ignoring my genuine attempts at offering (& making) affordable token payments.

Hiya Hopeful1

I too want to wish you a Happy New Year - you've helped me so much too :)

You sound a bit fed up right now so I'm also sending you oodles of cyber hugs and just want you to know I am thinking about you xxx

Keep your chin up my friend, don't let Barclays wear you down which is obviously what they hope to do by their tactics :mad: You are doing everything the professional and lawful way the same as P1, and Barclays are going to be the ones who will look stupid in the end if they are not prepared to accept your affordable offer of repayment.

Stick at it Hopeful1, we are all behind you and supporting you.

Love from SG x

Hi All

I have barclays on their back foot at the moment.....just got all charges (and interest) and I just recently got the PPI back..(with interest).....now they are trying to play hardball....i keep getting letters telling me of dire things :)

I'm not too worried though as the agreement sucks in a big way......check out p2 of my thread (it was a monument card)

anyway hopefull, I'm sure you'll get through this

rgds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

:) Thank you all very much for the fab messages, they're a lovely surprise. Didn't realise i sounded so fed up!! Got a lot of personal stuff going on though, i think that has seeped through.

Barclays are irritating but i won't be giving up. I'm happy that i'm doing the best i can. They can do what they like with the debt because no one can makeme pay any more. I shall keep being just as much of a nuisance to them as they are to me. From all the different posts i've read about Barclays they are at least consistent in their approach - they ignore everyone!!

All being well, i will be able to reclaim the charges on the bank acc. soon which makes up a majority of what's owed. I'm a great believer in what goes around comes around. I think i've repaid all my sins :D Barclays and the like will get what they're due one day.

Thank you for the support.

Now i'm off to read DFW's thread ;)

New year, new personal problem that will affect my finances.

BUT it is positive as it has given me a kick up the backside to get some letters done:

HFC - S.A.R non compliance

BARCLAYS BANK ACC. - acc. in dispute / you keep ignoring my payment offers.

CAHOOT - SAR / CCA as not heard from BCW in looooooong time!

MBNA - PPI (not mine unfortunately!)

LITTLEWOODS - go whistle if you think i'm repaying charges you won't refund without an agreement.

So, all these will be in the post tomorrow. I feel i may be awaking the beast with Cahoot, but it's always in the back of my mind. At least the ball is in my court with the lack of CCA which i requested from the DCA months ago. Even though my income is going to be reduced, i will be able to manage and WILL NOT be in the mess i was in back in May. I am still striving otwards the light at the end of this tunnel i'm in.

So, now i shall wait for the avalanche of junk ;)

Oh yeah, i'm still reading Davefirewalkers thread- it's not short!! But is informative and very interesting with a bit of humour thrown in to boot! :)

(blushes.....)

:oops::oops::oops:

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D