£8.50??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, can anyone tell me if I should include these £8.50 "account maintainence charges" when totalling up my claim.

I don't really know what these were for but I think it was something to do with my overdraft. I'm BOS.

Thanks

Account maintenance!! what account maintenance - were they cleaning it and dusting it on a daily basis or something.

Of course you can claim back account maintenance charges. They are just another unlawful penalty charge for the bank siting on its proverbial doing nothing.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi, Rascali.

Don't think you can claim this as it's a service they are providing. And yes I have account maintenence charges to, but didn't claim them. I just claimed Returned D/D Charges and Excess O/D Charges.(with interest and court costs).

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Oh, and yes it is to do with your overdraft.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Sorry, just read rory32 reply. Is that right rory, I would have claimed them if I thought they were a penalty charge.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one Scott.

In my case account maintenance charges ranged from £30 to £90 a month. What service they were offering me for approximately £1000 per year they have never explained.

Sorry Scott,

Didn't read your last post before posting. I have always included the account maintenance charge. If it is a service what service is it for exactly - is it the overdraft you are already paying interest on? Are they actually doing anything for their money or are they just penalising you for not having a lot of money and having an overdraft.

Thanks Rory and Scott!

I have tried searching google again for info. on these specific charges and hunted down a link to.... CAG LOL:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/27929-account-maintenance-charges-not.html

also http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/15253-leee-bos.html

I'm going to claim them as someone else has said they've got them back. It's also mentioned that they jump from £8.50 in 2002 to £28 in 2004 and thats what i thought might be going on (maybe after changeover to Halifax).

Thanks guys.