• Tweets

• Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕
    • Though it would be Highview you would  pursue. DCBL are nonentities-on their best day,
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
    • the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Really worried.Please help!!!

Cheryl Beal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an agreement with Lloyds TSB to repay my loan and overdraft at a reduced rate.This will be reviewed in six months.

I am really stressed out now. When/if Lloyds pay back my charges can they immediately reclaim them to pay off my loan and overdraft.I am at a total loss as to what do do and am feeling so ill with worry.

Hi cheryl Beal, and welcome,

Just going to give a quick response to show you are not alone, and please stop worrying, the sun is shining, enjoy,:) .

Someone will be along soon who is in the same situation as you, and will be able to answer your worries.

Is your account still open? Have you got another Bank account?

Just gonna see if I can find any relavent links for you.;)

• Haha 1

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Thanks remus,yes my account is still open.I haven't got another account but saw on here that it is recommended.

Thanks for your words of reassurance Yes it is a beautiful sunny day,and I'm sure somone will be along soon!!:)

Ok brain cells are ticking over,

I have read that the banks may call in your OD, but as you are already in agreement with them, that should stand.

I defo recommend opening another account then you can request payment in cheque, you will find the letter you need in the libary.

I am wondering as you have an agreement set up if LTSB can divert the funds against the OD/loan again someone with more knowledge will come along:)

As you are doing read read and read some:p more, the answers are out there, and you are not the only one in this position.

Happy claiming:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Hi Cheryl,

I think i have read here somewhere that if you have an agreement in place then they cannot just take your bank chargers to repay it, what you have to be careful of though is that in six months time they will try to offer you another loan to consolidate this one which is never a good thing. If you can stretch the agreement out longer and ask them to stop the interest this may be the way forward with the loan, a good Idea would be to go to CAB and ask them to write to Lloyd's on your behalf.

As to the chargers I would do as Remus has suggested and read all you can from the FAQs you will get all the information your need a long with all the templates from there, just follow the instructions and you won't go wrong. Ilike Remus I'm not the best person to help as i do not know how to do all the links to various pagers which would help you, but keep at it keep us all informed of your progress and if you come across any stumbling blocks just shout, someone will put you back on the right path.

Good luck

Pen

• Haha 1

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

stop searching, duff info:eek: I was thinking of letter of appropriation,ie: if you had benifits going in, to stop em getting their mitts on it sorry. I know I've seen something some where, re requesting claim paid in cheque form:D as the account is closed.

I will keep looking

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

lol lol....you are a gem linus,thanks for your help.Presume I need to write to the bank requesting payment by cheque,but that will be difficult as my account is still open wont it!?

hold your horses, I seem to remember it has something to do with when you make your claim, or at point of settleing claim with bank:confused:

Glad to see your laughing now:D

off to work now, so will catch up later and hopefully someone will come up with the details. they will eventually honest;)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi Cheryl Remus,

Just to letter you both know when I sent off my LBA i wrote on that I wanted my money to be paid by cheque, i still had an account open yet the sent me the £750 goodwill payment by cheque so I think thats all you have to do is request it every time you write to them and in the N1 or money claim as to the big payout my court date is this Wednesday so I will let you know how i am paid thats if i win Lol. Cheryl this is a fabulous site and you will get all the help you need, not from me by the way as you will lose if you had to rely on me;) but there are many knowledgeable souls who will help:) Thanks for the click

Pen

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

Pen wishing you the very best of luck next Wednesday (and Liverpol fc also) Really hope you succeed.Not too sure of terms......what do LBA and N1 stand for?? So would it be ok to write to the bank and request payment by cheque??

Hi cheryl,

Just reading your thread and being a bit knowledgable on accounts. If at any time money is paid into your account from what ever source you have the "right of appropriation".

What this means is you can write to the bank telling them you are exsercising your right of appropriation and that you require the funds to pay..xyz.

No bank is allowed to over rule this right.

However Lloyds are trying to get their refunds to pay off any debts. If Lloyds are your biggest creditor then state the payments are for essentials like house hold bills etc..

But at this stage its easier to put a note to them advising of the above and so all money that may be being received from any claim arising from illeagal bank charges are paid by check. Most bank emplyees done even know about this right let alone how to go against so you should be fine.

Angi77777 xx

If your new to CAG...read, read and read some more.

This is a great site and invaluble especially to LLoyds Victims, so dont forget to donate WHEN you WIN!!

Anji77777.....thanks for that.I've seen the "Right of apprpriation" But unfortunetly I'm claiming just over £3,000.....so essentials don't go there!!

Oh what a bugger this is!!! But you are all fab,I feel better now I've starting posting xx

Pen, all the best for wednesday wll be thinking of you:) will catch up on your posts.

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi Cherly, members often do that if they know they will be posting on someone else post, thanks remus I think I need all the luck i can get.

Cherly sorry did not know how much you knew so did not want to patronised if you get what I mean. LBA is letter before Action. the one you send to your bank insisting on them giving you or your money back or you will start court proceedings, this gives them a further 14 days to pay up before filing a N1 which is the form you use for court, there is also money claim the same form but that one you can fill in on line. I think it is better to use the N1 as you can put on it more details and you can send the spreadsheet with it. all 3 the LBA the N1 and money claim you can get the templates for in the library, hope that explains it a bit better. glad you are reading, there is tons to get your head around but you will do it.

Pen

cases won

Phew.....thanks everyone.My head is feeling clearer now. I've filled in forms to open an account at another bank,and sent off letters to ask for payment by cheque. Fingers crossed!!;)

Hi cheryl B,

well done, you've got the hang of it:p another bank account is incase LTSB get funny maybe, call in your od, you might just decide to stay with the new bank.

Good luck with your case on the 12th june, did you do the N1 and take it into court, or did you go online mcol? which court are you at? not Birmingham I hope:rolleyes:

And how is your court bundle (or bungle as I have seen before) going?

This really needs to be complete so any questions, ask away.

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hello remus!:) I started my claim with mcol so paid the initial fee,but then put a claim in for exemption for the other one.It is to be heard at Newcastle upon Tyne thankfully People in Birmingham must be so worried.

My two "bungles":D have already been posted and included everything that is suggested on here (plus T&C) so I hope they'll be ok.Thanks for your continued support hun.How are you doing?

Hi Cheryl, sorry have not responded before, you sound like you have really got it together which is great:D

My court date is not until 25th July, so I feel like I am on the back burner (or boiler in my case:mad: ),so I spend my time reading on this site and learning all the time.

By the looks of your claim, I shall be coming to you for advise nearer the date:eek:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi remus,I hadn't really got it together until the other day .When I first posted on here I just wasn't coping at all but you Pen and others gave me such good advice I have hope now!!!

I've made mistakes though.....just realised I haven't "highlighted" the relevent charges on the copies of statements in my bungles!

Have just been reading about Pen's experience.She must be gutted!!Hope you are getting there :D