Speeding Ticket NIP Way out of date

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have never ever had one of these before so I throw myself at the mercy of the forum

I have today, 19/5/07 received an NIP. The date of the offence is 11/4/07 and the date of issue of the NIP is 17/5/07 so they admit in their letter that it has taken them 38 days to send it too me.

The car is registered to me and the NIP has taken 38 days since the date of offence to reach me. Can anyone advise of the text needed to say sorry, but no chance,

Cheers

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

I believe it is 30 days from alledged offence date but I'm sure someone will confirm this.

Delay is probably due to the amount of cases they have to process :D:rolleyes:

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

I believe it is 30 days from alledged offence date but I'm sure someone will confirm this.

Delay is probably due to the amount of cases they have to process :D:rolleyes:

I can't confirm I'm afraid as the time limit is 14 days

The reason given here, does not allow them to extend that limit

I have today, 19/5/07 received an NIP. The date of the offence is 11/4/07 and the date of issue of the NIP is 17/5/07 so they admit in their letter that it has taken them 38 days to send it too me.

The car is registered to me and the NIP has taken 38 days since the date of offence to reach me. Can anyone advise of the text needed to say sorry, but no chance,

Cheers

How long has the car been registered to you. If you bought it around about that time, then the system can take a month or so to catch up. The first NiP would have gone to the previous keeper within 14 days and you now have a subsequent NiP for which there is no statutory time limit.

If you have owned the car for some time before the offence date, get over to Pepipoo as advised. They have a template called the 'RAC letter' which you will need to use.

Thanks for the replies.

I have not had the car that long BUT I am in possesion of the Log book when the offence was alleged to have been commited so the DVLA did have the correct details

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

I have not had the car that long BUT I am in possesion of the Log book when the offence was alleged to have been commited so the DVLA did have the correct details

What is the issue date on the V5?

The Police do not use the DVLA database in the first instance to issue NiPs, they use the PNC which can lag until next updated.

I have never ever had one of these before so I throw myself at the mercy of the forum

Cheers

Check the issue date on your V5 document. If it was issued before the date of the alleged offence you have good grounds to challenge.

This doen't alter the fact that you must complete the s172 request to identify the driver. The s172 is a totally separate issue and needs to be addressed.

Go over to PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice and do a search for RAC draft letter.

Basically you return the s172 identifying the driver and avvising that the NIP was not served in accordance with statutory legislation.

The following link will take you direct to the page you want.

PePiPoo: Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) - UK Motoring Law

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS