Jump to content

Mistake in Submitting Schedule of Charges..Please help!


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



I have been given a court date - 20th August.


I had already started preparing my court bundle and discovered a made a mistake with some dates on my schedule of charges and missed one charge I want to claim.


What is the procedure for submitting an amended schedule of charges to the bank and to the court? Do I have to fill in a form for the court, to make the change and will this require a fee...?



Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, if it is just one charge then the cost of amending is not worth it, i am not sure about the dates issue, i think you may get away with sending a new copy to the courts and abbey saying that the dates on a few charges were wrong but the charges themselves are ok, if the dates are only a few days out, i think i would be tempted to leave them alone, but hopefully someone with a more definitive answer may come along



Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi shembu, I saw your post on this the other day, and couldn't decide what to suggest.


To amend your claim is £35 and is non-claimable and will delay your claim back to MCOL stage, so it's only worth doing if the error is significant. My suggestion would be to write to the court explaining your errors on the dates, because they don't fundamentally alter the thrust of your case.


Or you can say nothing and keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.


Do the first;)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion


I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your advice guys.....


I dont know where my head was that day... Ordinarily if the dates were just out (2004 instead of 2003), I would have just left it as Charleyfarley has suggested...but I did not even add up the figures I originally submitted correctly...even though I added it up a thousand times...


I just dont want things to come back and bite me in the ass...I am happy leaving the amounts the way I've submitted them..but does it matter that the total I wrote at the bottom of the table I prepared is wrong....apart from showing that I dont add well, will this count against me? I dont want Abbey refuting my claim by arguing that the dates are wrong...although that has nothing to do with what the arguement of the case is based on...



Link to post
Share on other sites

I also read somewhere on this site that to change anything, there is a form one should use; the form should be taken in on the day of the hearing with the amendments with the fee and an apology should be made to the court. Is this a potential course of action?


I just want to get it right..


Instinctively, I just feel like writing to Abbey and the court, informing them of the amendments....



Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...