DMC Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got a call back, they think it's strange why there is a year and a bit missing. (that's what I've been trying to tell them)

They're going to check my statements and get back to me tomorrow.

I tried to tell them that the total I came to was from the list of charges they sent me but they just kept saying "Hmm that's quite strange, isn't it"

I swear they don't have a clue what they're doing.

I even asked how they managed to come to the two figures offered and was told it was a standard 50% goodwill offer, I then pointed out that none of the offers were 50% only to be told that they were, :confused: I'm dumbstruck that a senior review manager can't even half a figure down the middle :shock:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks SSlady, I'm just going to wait to see if we can resolve the issue tomorrow and get a full and final offer and then maybe just go down the FOS route as I'm really not sure about N1 unless we can sort out the exact amount.

I'ts their sheet of charges that they are trying to dispute :mad:

Tell me about it Sanand, I've now retreated up to the spare room with a couple of beers.

All I'm getting is "£6200" and, "we'll not get anything, you should have taken it"

• Haha 1

Hi there

In need of some urgent help .....

I have been ignored by halifax time after time, sent them letter two weeks ago informing them that if i dont receive full settlement i would be claiming through court this week. Still nothing.

I was wondering whether you had a telephone number for the dept that deal with charges as i've been ringing the main halifax banking number and they just fob me off by saying that 'someone' will get back to me soon.

I just need to speak to a member of staff who deals with charges......can anyone help!??????

Thanks!

I requested my list of statements back in Feb, i received them in April. I then sent the first letter requesting charges totalling £2022. I got a reply saying they were sorry i was unhappy but they were int heir right to charge me and, basically that it was my fault for going over o/draft limit in the first place.

I then sent them the second letter informing them that if i didnt receive full settlement in 14 days i would proceed with a court claim.....14 days are up today!

There was no tel.nu,ber on the letter i received from them so i dont know what number to ring to discuss this particular matter!!?

Is it safe for me to take these two sums out of my account and then continue with my claim ?

They are now refusing to give me a final offer because they cant find over a year in statements. They also won't take the money back and told me just to leave it there but I don't want to do that in case it gets used for DD's.

They've left me in limbo:mad:

I phoned the FOS to complain officially and then asked them about the money and she said, take the money and tell them in writing that you have accepted it as an interim payment and she then went on to say the money is now mine no matter what it says on the bank's letter.

I have taken the money out of my accounts and if they want it back they can get Howard to sing for it. (or take me to court for it, now wouldn't that be ironic)

I'm sending a letter accepting it as an interim payment as advised by the FOS, and I'm letting the FOS deal with the remainder including the lost year and a bit as they said they'll get the lot for me.

Just got to wait for the FOS form to come in.

It's great to get encouragement from you lot on here, since I called the FOS my wife is now 100% on getting the full amount as well.

Things are starting to look up a bit.

Funny how they come round isnt it, hubby asked me to sort his barclays account for him! This is the man who said how can someone like me take on the might of the Halifax! Think im close to having the last laugh!!

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]