theno1lush poss vs Halifax Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay, that's my rejection letter done and emailed for the attention of Lisa McPhee at Dunfermline, and the LBA goes off tomorrow as well as paper copies, God I've got butterflies now!!! LOL

Lush :p

Lush ;)

Hi all

Well another very quick response to both my rejection letter and LBA it would seem.

Today, I received another letter from a Jillian Lorimer from Complaints and consumer Guidance this time reading:

Dear Miss Lush

Account No: 1234 5678 0910 1112

With reference to your recent communication about your charges,we regret that you have found cause for complaint.

We are keen to deal with your concerns as quickly as possible. I have asked for one of our Complaint Advisors to investigate the points you have raised and you will receive a response from us within a maximum of four weeks, in-line with the Financial Service Authority regulations. We will of course, endeavour to reply to your complaint as soon as possible.

You will find enclosed a copy of our leaflet which tells you how we will handle your complaint.

Your concerns will be dealt with as quickly as possible, but if you wish to check the progress of your complaint in the meantime, please telephone a member of my team on 0845 1241362.

Yours sincerely

Jillian Lorimer

This letter was dated 12 June 2007.

Is this a standard stalling tactic to the LBA which was sent, or is it an acknowledgement that they made an offer earlier in which they said they'd offered half as settlement but in fact had a typo which was less than half of the amount or is it acknowledgement that they will come back with a course of action eg: full settlement or a prepare to defend against my claim????

I dunno whether to be worried or excited!! Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh the pressure of it all!!!!

Could someone who has had the same kind of letter advise me asap plllllleeeeeaaaaasssseeeeee!!!!!!

Should I stick to my timetable of sending in a N1 when the two weeks are up (Next week), as the amount is only for £505 exclusive of interest, I'm sure I can take it to the small claims in Scotland but would it be worth complaining to the OFT first and using court as a very last option?

Would love to hear from experience or wise owls please!!!!

Lush :confused:

Lush ;)

It would appear there are more contact details for these Halifax Credit Card claims:

Jillian Lorimer

Complaints and Consumer Guidance

Customer Services

Halifax Card Services

Pitreavie Business Park

Dunfermline

Fife

KY99 4BS (This address I'm getting to know off by heart!!)

Tel: 0845 1241362, no email address attached on this letter though....

Hope that this is useful to someone!!

Lush ;)

Lush ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks Moneyhelp

It really motivates ya when you have a positive outcome on another issue, first £2k compensation for my employer from BT, £1.7k from RBOS, here's hoping I'll get the required response from Halifax!!!

Lush :D , Jeez, I can't wipe that smile of my gob!!!!

Lush ;)

I will, and again thanks moneyhelp, I couldn't have got this far on any of my accounts without all of the support from you guys on this site, you guys are guru's!!!

I think I'll celebrate a wee bit tonight and properly at the weekend (well I didn't get the name theno1lush for nothin'!!!!) Lol

Lush :D

Lush ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Have just sent an email and letter to HBoS asking for progress on my claim as I haven't heard a thing from them since their last letter....I'll post it tomorrow recorded delivery aswell just for the belt and braces effect and to continue to be a fly in their ointment.

Their 8 weeks will be up on 01 August so we'll see how and when they respond!!

Lush :D

Lush ;)

• 8 months later...

Well, I've left this claim slide due to personal and work commitments and circumstances but the final straw was earlier this year when they started charging me late fees again and I had been making my minimum payments of £5 and they changed the minimum payment to £10 without notifying me........so I've resurrected this claim and sent a preliminary letter asking for it back on 04 April, received a letter back from Halifax dated 8th April stating: " With reference to your recent communication about fees and charges on your account, we regret that you have found cause for complaint. We are keend to deal with your concerns as quickly as possible. I have asked for one of our Complaints Advisors to investigate the points you have raised and you will receive a response from ous within four weeks, in-line with Financial Services Authority regulations. We will of course, endeavour to replay to your complaint as soon as possible."

I'm unsure if there has been any change in the way that HBOS credit card deals with these complaints since July last year (when the refused to settle), and was looking to see if I should still send an LBA on the two week anniversary of my prelim letter or wait the four weeks for HBOS to respond??

Could anyone advise please???

Lush ;)

Can anyone tell me if there are certain categories for 'hardship' cases, I know that this will apply to single parents, people on benefits etc, but I am not a parent and have employment, and find it extremely difficult to continue getting charges on my card account..........I have a single income to pay my mortgage etc and am unsure whether I would qualify for a hardship case.....does CAG have a list of categories for this?? If so,I'd really appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.....thanks in anticipation

Lush ;)

Morning all and great news, I posted my LBA out as scheduled asking them to consider my case as a harship case, on Saturday I received an offer to refund the full amount of my claim including interest!!!!!

I've to sign the form and I will ask them to not credit my card account but to credit my hbos bank account instead........so will wait and see how long it will take them to pay up!

A great big thank you to you all for your support and help in this case!!

Ppxx

Lush ;)

That is fantastic news. :D

Let us know when you get the money. ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .