Barclaycard - 40 day rule -

oscar52

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick question that I need clarifying please.

I phoned B'card in their complaints dept in Manchester, who among other things, told me they had given a level of dispensation from the ICO due to the number of complaints they were recieving. I am sure this isnt right, but cant find any info. Also this person stated that they had successfully defended (when??!!) as had citi cards (other than N Ireland?)

Oh, and apparently, their decision to reduce my credit limit has nothing to do with me claiming charges and is due to tthe "economic climate"

Any advice please ? (other than of how to get rid of the funny smell)

You are correct, the ICO have not and cannot give any "dispensation" beyond the 40 days they have by law.

If you have been waiting for in excess of 40 days, make an official complaint to the ICO at their website.

I'm trying to claim back charges for a closed Barclaycard credit card account (closed in 2004). Problem is I don't know the a/c number and despite wiriting several letters Barclaycard aren't event bothering to respond to my requests for a listing of all charges. Any suggestions how to take this forward?

waited 40 days? I waited 77!!!! This is what led them to say they had informed the commissioner they were having problems due to volumes (apparently) - I was fairly sure this was bulllplop given I work for MBNA (please dont hurt me!) I think I will be writing back to them.

Does anyone happen to know about the other stuff I mentioned?