Moving To America

mugabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Ive got a loan at the moment with beneficial finance and i have about £4000 left to pay.

Im meant to be emmigrating to america in two months though and doubt ill be able to pay it off while im living in america as effective as i would be in england.

Would they chase me all the way to america to claim the £4000 and bring me back to england to take me to court or would they just see it as lost money.

Also, when i come back to england on holiday will I be stopped at customs because of my unpaid debt??

I did plan to pay the loan back when i got it 5 years ago but its just been slow going and now ive got this chance of a lifetime to move to the states but i cant afford to pay back the loan.

Any responses would be appreciated

That's a mean thing to say if it's a case of can't afford it.

That of course is the nonsense at the heart of the whole moneylending system, instead of having a green currency where every person can create new currency when they need it.

I'm not going to comment on the responsibility you hold to pay it back thats your call.

In answer to your question i doubt very much that they would chase you to America for that as they would not be able to pursue it through US courts and as such it would be unenforceable.

Cool :) on the Green Card

On the loan, shouldn't be a problem to carry on paying by electronic transfer, IF you wanted too?

As it's a civil matter, UK customs are not likely to get involved.

However, beneficial finance would get a judgement in your absence, and it would be registered with the usual agencies.

If you came back within the normal timespan, it would still show up.

Also opening a bank account in america 'used' to involve a check against UK records, but that was a long time ago and very hit and miss.These days I'd think the DPA would protect you, but remember, if anything did come up, your status in the USA would be at risk, and the yanks do not mess about!

Take care, and if you go, good luck with everything. :)

I don't always believe what I say, I'm just playing Devils Advocate