MY MONEY! v HBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Can't find my original post but desperately need further information! I completed the necessary online forms with MCOL last Friday and claim was issued to HBOS on Monday (according to the details online).

Am I supposed to forward some additional paperwork to accompany my claim now? I'm sure I read that somewhere but can't remember where or when? Where do I send the detailed breakdown of my charges?

Waiting hopefully

Jacqui

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

I'm soooo excited I can hardly type!!!

Had pursued claim through MCOL, which BOS acknowledged....there I was patiently counting the days, waiting to see what they would do next. The 28 days would have been up on Monday 18th June so thought that SOMETHING would happen in the next few days.......

Was claiming £12039.40 (including interest and court fees), got letter this morning stating the usual 'on a purely commercial basis...blah blah...without admission of liability....' and they've offered a total of £11416.10 (!!!!!!!!) but they dispute the other £635.93. Naturally, I'm delighted but I'm going to write and say thanks, but I'll continue to pursue the balance through MCOL but feel free to deposit the funds to my account as you proposed!!!

Feel like the end is in sight now and, although it may seem petty to quibble over what is a small percentage of the claim, it still makes my blood boil when I think of all the times that their charges left me without access to ANY money!!!

Of course, on receipt of the funds, I'll be making a donation to this site, everyone has been SOOOOO helpful, I definitely wouldn't have persevered if I hadn't had so much practical and moral support!

Thanks guys

Jacqui

Well done Jacqui!!!

I had great news today too......they just put the whole amount I was claiming in to my bank account - no letter or phone call, nothing!!!!!

They are definitely rolling over and waving the white flag!!!

Well done, again!!

Debbie

12th March 2007 - sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and £10 to Halifax.

3rd May 2007 - LBA sent to Halifax.

15th May 2007 - £2,500 offered over phone (full amount asked for is £5,300) - OFFER DECLINED.

17th May 2007 - Filed claim via MCOL.

18th May 2007 - Claim request issued.

Notice of Issue received from Court - 22/5/07.

Claim deemed to have been served as of 23/5/07.

Notice of Acknowledgement received from Court - 31/5/07.

Halifax now have until 20th June to file defence or whatever......

Yippeeee!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi and congratulations, when did you start the ball rolling with the halifax? i filed n1 on 23rd may, acknowledged 1st june, spoke to someone in the legal dept last week and was told i would get a letter of settlement this week, nothing as yet though :mad: lorraine x